05-09-2018 09:48 AM - last edited on 05-10-2018 07:29 AM by Majestic
My ideacentre 30020ISH will occasionally lock up and start beeping after it has been sitting idle for a while. The monitor screen is black and no matter what I do, I cannot wake it up. The computer beeps contantly during this time. It takes several presses of the power button to do a hard shutdown and sometimes that doesn't even work, so I need to pull the cord (really bad for the system). This is not a frequent problem. It occurs maybe once a month. Anyone have any ideas about what could be causing this?
Mod's Edit: System model added to the Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-01-2018 04:40 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
Considering it happens about once a month, its a strange problem.
Try running an LSC scan, see if this is able to find any problematic areas for you:
1. Please click on the following link
2. Under the section ‘Download’ select the relevant Hyperlink dependant on whether your Lenovo is running Windows 7/8/8.1 32 bit or 64 bit.(Will work on Win10)
3. When prompted, select save and browse to a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded files.
4. Navigate to the folder where you saved the installation file, lscsetup_x86_26001.exe.
5. Double-click the installation file icon to start the installation.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions via the installation wizard that will install Lenovo Solution Centre on your system.
7. Once installed you will have a ‘Lenovo Solution Centre’ icon on your desktop please click to open this.
8. Once solution center is opened please select ‘Checkup’ then ‘Hardware Scan’ and ‘Full Scan’
9. This will take up to 20 minutes, see if this can find any errors.
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
05-11-2019 12:02 PM
I apologize for such a late response. I ran the comprehensive hardware test and all results show good. In addition to my original post, I will get the same problem ocassionally during a restart. The system begins the reboot and then the screen displays black and the computer beeps constantly. I hard power doen and start up resolves this. I do not want to do this everytime though.
05-12-2019 04:26 PM
Thanks for writing in again. If the hardware scan tests passed, it is not hardware related. It is possible software or OS related. Try to update the BIOS which you can download here, https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/DESKTOPS-AND-ALL-IN-ONES/300-SERIES/300-20ISH/downloads/.... Update us how it goes.