Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Stephen1970
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,021
Message 1 of 15

Ideacentre 300s - PC not booting up

Hi there

I have a Lenovo 300s Series desktop which I purchased in July, running Windows 10.

For the last week or so I was unable to get the pc to fully switch off - having to depress the power button for a few seconds to do so & then getting the error message - Error 0135: cpu fan failure on switch on, and then being given the option to continue or go into BIOS. This also occurred using the restart option.

I've been scared to switch off the pc for days as when I'd previously done this a few days ago it was 'dead' & only came back to life when removing the power lead & putting back in.

Unfortunately after switching off last night it will now not boot up. It initially comes up with the Lenovo start up screen, but then crashes or hangs and goes to blue screen. The power remains on, however. I can only get it to semi-boot like this again if I remove the power cable. It will just be constant blue screen if I switch the power switch off & on again etc.

Help!!!

Many thanks,

Stephen

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity and moved thread to the desktop forum.

Stephen1970
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,017
Message 2 of 15

Re: PC not booting up

PS Fan is running fine. 

Stephen1970
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,014
Message 3 of 15

PPS after initially going off when it goes to blue screen, the power light comes on again after a few seconds & then stays on, but there still is no video signal, just blue screen.

Captain-Price
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,002
Message 4 of 15

Try unplugging the CPU fan cable and re-plug it in again. Feel free to ask me any questions regarding specific cabling! 

- Price 

Helping the community by putting the unity, in community.
Stephen1970
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,998
Message 5 of 15

Cheers Captain!!

Thanks for responding so quickly. V much appreciated. 

My PC is still under warranty. If I do this will it invalidate it?

Stephen

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,952
Message 6 of 15

I would call Lenovo support, since your machine is under warranty.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,936
Message 7 of 15

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Stephen !

You can access the inside components of your desktop without worry of voiding your warranty.  The Quick Start Guide for your model explains how to access the interior and the various hardware items inside.  For your reference, here is a link to that guide.....

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/desktop_pub/fm_300s_qsg_v1.0_win10_en_online_20150924.pdf

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Captain-Price
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,928
Message 8 of 15

No worries!

No, you should still be fine. Only times warranties become invalid is if you broke the components yourself. In this case, unplugging and re-plugging in a cable won't damage anything. 

- Price 

Stephen1970
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,915
Message 9 of 15

Re: Ideacentre 300s - PC not booting up

Thanks to everyone for your help and suggestions. 

I was brave enough to unplug & plug back in the fan without breaking anything or electrocuting myself!

Sadly (the pc) is still cutting out after initially booting. I wish I'd attempted this solution before my PC died on me.

I have now raised a service request as I'm not sure there's anything else I can do?

Thanks again, Stephen Smiley Happy

Captain-Price
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,901
Message 10 of 15

Re: Ideacentre 300s - PC not booting up

Well, other than using YouTube and researching the error code, nothing else I can think of. 

Cheers!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors