Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnP2
Punch Card
Views: 160
Message 1 of 4

Ideacentre 510S-08ISH: No Signal

I have a two-and-a-half year old Lenovo Ideacentre 510-081SH PC running the Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit Operating System Version 1903.

Intermittenly - sometimes just a few minutes after I've switched on, or more usually after a few hours use - 'no signal' appears on my monitor's screen and then the screen turns black. The Power Button light on the PC remains on but the Hard Disk Drive Indicator light which normally flashes when the PC is running stops flashing and remains 'off'.

I then press the Power Button for a few seconds to turn the PC off, and then press the Power Button again to turn the PC on again. The PC then works normally until, after an indeterminate period of time, 'no signal' appears on the screen and the screen turns black again - whereupon I repeat the above procedure to turn the PC on again.

I have made sure that the latest Lenovo and Microsoft updates are installed. The monitor, and the VGA cable connecting it to my PC, work fine on my other PC with no such problems. I have also tried the PC 'static discharge' routine but to no avail.

Any help, thoughts and/or comments would be gratefully received.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 140
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ideacentre 510S-08ISH: No Signal

It has a HDD, not SSD?  Ran HDD diagnostics, and a Windows disk surface scan to repair any bad sectors.  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
JohnP2
Punch Card
Views: 86
Message 3 of 4

Hi BiggAl,

Thanks for your help. I ran HDD diagnostics and no errors were found. Do you have any further suggestions.

Thanks in anticipation of your reply.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 83
Message 4 of 4

Look at the Windows "Event Viewer', particularly at Errors, this can point to the faulty component.  Windows focused forums have threads that explain how to navigate the Viewer, and then Google specific errors.  For example: 

How to Geek - What Is the Windows Event Viewer, and How Can I Use It?

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors