Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
basgoossen
Paper Tape
Views: 2,096
Message 11 of 20

Re: Ideacentre K450: control fan speed

I would be much interested in your solution, since speedfan is working terrible in windows 8.1 hangs 9 out of 10 times.
KennyJ
Punch Card
Views: 2,080
Message 12 of 20

Send me a private message with your email address and I will reply back to you.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,063
Message 13 of 20

Hi All,

I managed to get the software somehow, and will share with you the download link later.

Stay tuned.

Regards,
Cleo

P.S. It's not in the support site though hence that's what I need to do by checking with internal teams accordingly. Hope it can be done.

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
K_450
SCSI Port
Views: 2,056
Message 14 of 20

I have really waited these great news! Thank you very much Cleo_Lenovo Robot Happy

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,045
Message 15 of 20

Hi All, I'm sorry it takes a long while to finally share with you the software. Like I said, I'll try working with the backend team to make it available in our support site as well. At the moment, let me share with you download link for Power Control Switch. I hope it works.

K_450, thanks for your note. You make my day! Smiley Happy

Regards,

Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
K_450
SCSI Port
Views: 2,026
Message 16 of 20

Awesome! Thank you very much Cleo_Lenovo.  Smiley Happy

KennyJ
Punch Card
Views: 2,017
Message 17 of 20

Can you take a look and see what it does to your hard drive activity?  I installed it and I am seeing it write to my hard drive quite a bit.  I have a SSD and wonder if it will wear out due to the writing.

Also, mine installed in the 32 bit folder whereas the original was located in the 64bit program folder.

I also found the LitModeCtrl service error state 32 being logged in the event log.  This was the same with my original install.  The dial ran (showed) on the desktop for a long time but it disappeared today.

K_450
SCSI Port
Views: 2,005
Message 18 of 20

Sorry for the delay of reply KennyJ. Smiley Happy

I got original, included version of Power Control Switch software installed and hopefully i don't need to install this version ever. But it's really good that now we can download this software and we can keep it somewhere safe if disaster strikes! Robot Happy

coolair2
Paper Tape
Views: 1,758
Message 19 of 20

My history K430 ....Upgraded to twin gt 620 graphics cards,(Lenovo tech approved compatiable)...(FYI..on board motherboard graphics  "DEAD" never worked straight from factory)....I maxed the ram slots, Raid setup was total failure ....thus..one drive for O.S.one for jobs and one for program software storage backup with a partition for current image restore, thus-three internal drives..next added extra 12v cooling fans (shock mounted of course) 12v,s because they run directly off the power supplies red 12v s. Then replaced the under sized 250w power supply with a 750w with the cool leds...Its cooling fan sets right over the CPU .

I have given up on why the cool red green blue status lights quit working after the new power supply installation. I believe the fan speed control had stopped working about a month before anyway.... what color the lights were at the time made no difference in fan speed. FYI..I found after testing the voltages that red was 12v and purple was 5v and black ground.

*NOW..In your case...

Is this a single hard drive o.s. or is it a dual hard drive raid set up.?   If a single drive then why did you not just clone your O.S. over to the new s.s.d. I use the AOMEI free software both backupper and partition assist. I  keep a extra cloned hard drive safely stored away and have the AOMEI set to automaticly save a image restore every few weeks to a seperate network ghost drive as well as third internal partitioned drive. This setup has come handy on few occasions.

kausihan
What's DOS?
Views: 1,581
Message 20 of 20

HI

I just bought a new k450. the cpu speed is about 4500 rpm. dont know how to reduce it. even though my cpu temperature is only 24 deg celcius.

i have power control switch but it is only indicating . how do i rduce the bloody fan speed?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors