Did you mean: 
Highlighted
viriol
What's DOS?
Views: 744
Message 1 of 2

Install SSD - Void warranty?

Hi,

I just wonder if installing an extra SSD (keeping current HDD also) to E50-00 would void the warranty?

Thank you!

Elias

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 737
Message 2 of 2

Re: Install SSD - Void warranty?

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

With a desktop, the opening of the case to add memory, add or replace a hard drive or optical drive will not void your warranty.  Those hardware changes are considered consumer servicable parts by Lenovo and they can be done at any time.  Your model's User Guide outlines the various hardware items you can replace as an owner.  I have included a link to that guide below. 

Keep in mind that the SSD drive won't be covered by your Lenovo warranty.  If you ever experience problems with the  SSD you would have to contact the manufacturer of that drive.  In the event your E00-00 ever needs to be sent into Lenovo for service I would also make a point of removing the SSD before sending it in.  That would eliminate any concerns of it getting misplaced during the service work.

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/desktop_pub/lenovo_e50_ug_v1.0_win81_en_online_20140724.pdf

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors