Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-18-2009

California

2 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 1 of 2

K220 dead ethernet ports

2009-04-18, 2:36 AM

We just bought a new K220, our first new computer in years. Out of the box everything worked except the ethernet port - no lights, no activity, nothing. I called my DSL provider just to make sure my DLS modem and connection were okay (they work fine on our old computer). So I called Lenovo Tech Support. They ran me through the usual tests - tracert, new driver, etc. Nothing. So they ordered up a new motherboard and sent out a tech a few days later. Same result. So the tech called Lenovo Support and they ordered up another motherboard. A few days later he showed up again. Same result. He said we needed to contact Lenovo ourselves. So I called Tech Support again and they "escalated" the call to Customer Relations (72 business hour wait for them to return a call). I got frustrated waiting for them to call me back so I tried Returns. They told me that I had just passed the 21 day no-questions-asked return limit (waiting for technicians to come out and people to call me back) and referred me to Sales. I called Sales. The helpful woman started over with Tech Support. They referred the problem to Customer Relations (but they call you, you don't call them). I complained as vehementlly as I could while still remaining polite. Later in the day a manager from Customer Relations left a message. When we finally hooked up the next day, he was very sympathetic and set up a replacement order. In the meantime, I went out and bought a NIC card and tried it - same result. And I tried the BIOS, etc, etc. Then the new machine came. Same result. Same Tech Support result. Same "escalation" to Customer Relations. So what's up with this? I have yet to see an LED light up on the back. Is there a whole batch of PCs with dead ethernet ports that don't connect to the internet?  Our setup is as simple as it gets - a garden variety DSL modem (that hasn't so much as burped in the three years we've had it) plugs into the wall on one end and to the computer on the other. As I mentioned above, it works fine except on these Lenovos. Now I'm waiting for a call back from Customer Relations (72 business hours) hoping that I can return both computers and get my money back. Anyone else seen this?

Options

4 Posts

04-29-2009

Utah

5 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: K220 dead ethernet ports

2009-04-29, 17:31 PM
I dont own an IdeaCentre but my T61 and X300 (5 with issue in total) ThinkPad's are sure having alot of issues with their NIC's. IBM NEVER EVER EVER treated their customers the way that Lenovo has since taking ownership of IBM's Idea and Think lines.

We are going with HP's products now.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms