Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kiyami
What's DOS?
Views: 289
Message 1 of 4

K330B Display Issue: Randomly Blacks Out

For some reason, the screen goes blank about every 50-55 seconds of inactivity and I can't figure out why...

I've tried hooking it up to a new monitor and using a different connection cable and it still happens. So for instance, when I'm sitting in front of the computer trying to read an article, the display will go black if I'm not moving the mouse around or pressing any key on the keyboard. I've checked to make sure the drivers are up to date and I'm just at a loss now as to what the issue really is or how to remedy it.

I've thought it a possibility that there may be some kind of issue with the video card but before I went out to make the purchase, I just wanted to see if anyone else is having thisproblem or know how to resolve it :/

Thanks so much to anyone who could help! ^^

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 280
Message 2 of 4

Re: K330B Display Issue: Randomly Blacks Out

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Have you checked to see what your Power Plan options for the Display is set for ?  It maybe set to turn off the display after a minute.

Click here for a Windows 7 tutorial on how to change the Power Plan settings

Click here for a Windows 8 tutorial on how to change the Power Plan settings.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Kiyami
What's DOS?
Views: 215
Message 3 of 4

(sorry for the delay in response but I appreciate your reply & trying to help)

Unfortunately I have already checked this and haave set everything to NEVER dim, turn off or anything of the sort. I still have this issue Smiley Sad

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 206
Message 4 of 4

I would next suggest that you trying booting the computer into Safe Mode and then see if the problem persists.  If you do not have the problem in Safe Mode then I would suspect that the problem is related to a Windows Setting or a driver issue.

If the problem persists in Safe Mode then try booting the computer into the BIOS Setup. If the problem persists in the BIOS Setup then you have an issue with the computer hardware. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors