04-24-2013

USA

19 Signins

78 Page Views

• Views: 78
  • Message 1 of 6

K330B - Ethernet connection is intermittent

2016-02-02, 9:16 AM

My K330B Desktop has a ethernet connection that will work for months then suddenly lose the connection.  The ethernet seems to be partially working as it will download and upload emails without interuption.   The WiFi laptop on the same router is working without problem.  Had Comcast out to test the router and after testing all components he connected the desktop ethernet to the laptop and the connection worked.  so it seems the wired connection to the K330B is intermittent.  

I believe the ethernet plug is part of the motherboard so the mobo would have to eb replaced to resolve the problem?  Is it possible this is a software setting?

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Solved! See the solution
Options

2442 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3387 Signins

41985 Page Views

• Views: 41985
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: K330B - Ethernet connection is intermittent

2016-02-04, 22:09 PM

If ethernet connection works for months without issue, I think it actually might be Comcast that might have issues once in a while, not your hardware. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Options

13 Posts

04-24-2013

USA

19 Signins

78 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2016-02-05, 16:49 PM

Had them out for several hours last sunday.  They checked everything but the clincher was when he plugged the ethernet cable into my Lenovo laptop and it worked - then he plugged the same cable back into my desktop and it dropped the connection.  Actually it's like it is getting a partial signal.  it will download emails without a problem but when I try to go to a website it tells me the following:

Unable to load webpage because server sent no data.    I then ran diagnostics and was told: the webpage is online but is not responding to connection attempts.

Then I can unplug the ethernet cable from the desktop and plug it into my laptop and the laptop will access the website without any problem.  

suggestions?  Can i add a card that will give me a additional ethernet plug location?  Or a wifi card?  

Thanks or the help - 

Larry

Options

2442 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3387 Signins

41985 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2016-02-05, 20:26 PM
You can add a Ethernet plug or WiFi card via PCI slot. But first check with Lenovo support if you're under warranty and see if they can fix it.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

13 Posts

04-24-2013

USA

19 Signins

78 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2016-02-07, 3:48 AM

Thanks but warranty ended in Apr 2015.  Great suggestion though, I've been known to forget about warranty's.

Options

2442 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3387 Signins

41985 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2016-02-07, 3:58 AM

Here are some options. If you're comfortable with working inside your computer, you should add an ethernet PCI card, like this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704011&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Network+-+Interface+Cards-_-N82E16833704011&gclid=Cj0KEQiA0Na1BRDlkqOcyczng5cBEiQAnEDa2MVOkUtkMfbX4fm0z2qkpjeiwkTpjsIC2uHvZmIlSWwaAn5U8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

If you're not to comfortable with working with the insides of your computer, you should get something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Hann-Gigabit-Ethernet-Network-Adapter/dp/B016Q0LHF4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1454817503&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=ethernet+usb+adapter&psc=1

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Eric Xu

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete