Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psychoforkaatz
Paper Tape
Views: 363
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo 450e failed hardware scan on hard drive

Hi, my desktop ran a Lenovo solution center scan and failed on ST1000 with result code of WHD01V01I-JL8C4G. Computer seems to be running ok but is a little slower. Can anyone tell me what this may mean or what I need to do next?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 325
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo 450e failed hardware scan on hard drive

Step one would be to backup all of your important data immediately while you still can.    It is hard to say what the error on the HD actually is, but it most likely is failing, so I cannot stress backing up your personal data ASAP enough.,

Once your data is backed up, create a Windows Recovery Drive (windows 8.1 and 10), and then create a System Image on an external HD if you have one.   

If you are not comfortable about backing up your data etc. yourself, fine a good local computer repair shop to do it for you regardless of whether you are still under warranty or not, because while Lenovo can replace your HD, the cannot replace your data.

Good Luck,

psychoforkaatz
Paper Tape
Views: 318
Message 3 of 5

Great suggestions for backing up and creating recovery drive etc, but i forgot to mention this computer is just over one year old with very light use. I am about one month past my warranty period. I did read a couple posts from people stating their hard drives on this model were failing and it seems that this is a common issue with certain drives. Does anyone know if Lenovo will make good on defective drives after warranty if this is a defective supply issue?

north450
Token Ring
Views: 294
Message 4 of 5

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/na/LenovoPortal/en_US/config.workflowSmiley FrustratedtartWarranty

if you did not take a extened warranty probably not but you can always call and ask

Lenovo 3000 J105 (8258HBU)
Lenovo H50-55 90BG

north450
Token Ring
Views: 292
Message 5 of 5

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops/lenovo/k-series/k450e/

thats a nice machine

The K450e was built to withstand the test of time. Many systems whither and fade with the rapid progression of technology, but with the K450e, we've given you one box that will keep pace with the ever-increasing demands of games and applications. And unlike other desktop PCs, the K450e is easily opened without a toolbox.

you call them up and tell that or buy a new hd for 100 dollars

Lenovo 3000 J105 (8258HBU)
Lenovo H50-55 90BG

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors