cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wraith
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 585
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo 510S-08ISH: power supply PSU wiring diagram needed (to 10-pin motherboard connector, pinout)

Hi,

Purchased a power supply to replace the old one (with more power) but it has a 24 pin connector.   This computer has 10 pin plus 1 four pin connector which is on the other edge.  (sorry, one by my knuckle  is for power to the HDD and DVD.)

lenovo mobo 567x665.jpgLenovo 510S-08ISH MOBO

I would like to get a wiring diagram to show what each wire is for.  All I can find is a 24 to 10 pin connector or a 24 to 14 pin connector.   but not a 24 to 10 and 4 connector.     The 10 pin conversion cables say the power supply will stay on all the time even when the computer is shut off.  No way.   Would be nice if there was a real conversion kit for this mobo.

Mod:  edited Subject line to combine two threads on same topic by same author

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 571
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo 510S-08ISH power supply wiring diagram needed

Your new power supply (PSU) probably has the standard 24-pin ATX style motherboard connector, so you will need a 24-pin to 10-pin adapter similar to this one to convert that connector to your motherboard, but the new PSU should also have at least one 4-pin connector as well, and that is the one that goes to 4-pin power connector.   

Click on image to expand

capture.jpg

From page 33 of the ideacentre 510S Hardware Maintenance Manual

Typically for the 4-pin connection the wires will be two Yellow (12V DC) and two Black (Ground).     The standard ATX PSU wire colors are shown below

Click on image to expand

capture.jpg

It is true that due to the way Lenovo wires things, the non-Lenovo spec. PSU's do not shut off when powering down, and I have yet to see anyone who has tried find a way to change that behavior. 

Cheers, 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 547
Message 3 of 6

At times, the CPU power on an aftermarket supply is ganged together at the factory into one 8-pin connector, but it can be split apart into two 4-pin connectors.

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Wraith
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 522
Message 4 of 6

I have seen this which may attempt it, but it is in russian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5rcssckiCw&t=278s

Wraith
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 466
Message 5 of 6

No one has posted the wiring supply diagram for the 10 pin connector yet.   I will start another thread with the specific question.

Wraith
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 472
Message 6 of 6

10 pin power supply pinout (motherboard side) needed.

I have a 510S-08ISH ideacenter Lenovo Desktop and would like a diagram of the 10 pin main power supply connector. 

No one seems to know how to convert a 24 pin to 10 pin so the power supply cuts off as well when you turn off the computer.

Thanks in advance.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors