cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonaldBosso
Blue Screen Again
Views: 681
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo B50-80 How much RAM can I upgrade to?

Hello,

I am a blind Lenovo user who wants to know what I can do to update this computer so it is faster and can handle JAWS text to speech reader by Freedom Scientific?  Can a 2nd processor be added, up to how much ram can be installed?  Optimum graphics card for GPU of BOINC projects and etc.  Thanks!

My Lenovo:

Lenovo Desktop PC H520s (57312711) Pentium G2020 (2.90 GHz) 4 GB DDR3 1 TB HDD Intel HD Graphics Windows 10-

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 615
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo B50-80 How much RAM can I upgrade to?

Here is the spec for your particular H520s model (57312711) [however your Subject line indicates a B50 laptop, so perhaps I'm replying the wrong question.] 

Unfortunately, your H520s has a low-end processor with the lowest-end (for the time) Intel graphics, and limited ability to be upgraded.   However, the system requirements for JAWS is very minimal.  Memory can be doubled to 8 GB, and would help greatly, IF you're using most of the 4 GB currently installed.  From my own experience, 4 GB can handle Win 10 and a browser, but not much else.  Perhaps you can monitor the memory usage using Task Manager.  Another option would be to change the processor for a i3-3220, it is the same wattage as your existing processor, but it's CPU benchmark is more than 50% better, and worth the upgrade. 

f-h520s spec.pngPersonal Systems Reference Lenovo ® - Desktops 2006 - 2013 Withdrawn

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors