United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo H30-00: hardware scan error WCP01E000-WH7VPJ

2021-01-20, 11:14 AM

I have a Lenovo desktop model H30-00 90C2 which is currently running without issues (as far as I am aware).

However recently a Lenovo hardware scan revealed the error code WCP01E000-WH7VPJ / WHD01V00I-WH7VPJ, which I have not been able to find anywhere on the Lenovo forums.

Is anyone aware of what this code means? I found a post which talked about a similar situation (with a slightly different error message) and the response from the Lenovo technical team was that it was a big in the scanning software, rather than an actual hardware error, so hoping this is the case with this one.

Any feedback gratefully received.

Options

4119 Posts

12-11-2015

United States of America

4493 Signins

50897 Page Views

• Views: 50897
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Lenovo H30-00 90C2 hardware scan gives error WCP01E000-WH7VPJ

2021-01-20, 20:44 PM

You don't mention what you used to perform the hardware scan, but based on the result code, my guess is that your are using the older Lenovo Solutions Center, which has since been replaced by Lenovo Diagnostics and Lenovo Vantage.     

If you re-open Lenovo Solutions Center, and Select Hardware Scan, you should have an option to View Previous Results or View previous log, which will display the results of the last Hardware Scan in plain text.  

The WHD01VOOI-WH7VPJ result code points to the Hard Disk, so if you cannot locate the log, you can run a command to see if the Hard Drive is self-reporting any problems (see S.M.A.R.T) by typing the following command at a Windows PowerShell (Admin)

• Right-click on Start and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) and press Enter.     If you see Command Prompt (Admin) instead of Windows PowerShell Admin, you can use that as well
  • At the prompt, type the following command:   wmic diskdrive get status     as shown in the example below.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> wmic diskdrive get status
Status
OK
OK

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32

Note:  If you want to get the model of the drive(s) as well as their status, type:   wmic diskdrive get model,status

If the command returns any results other than OK for each of the hard drives drives installed, then the drive is reporting problems and probably needs to be replaced, so you should immediately backup any important data before proceeding with any further testing.

Note:   The command prompt method above will only identify problems the drive self-reports, so even if it returns OK I would still backup my data, and then run another Hardware Scan of the hard drive.   Once the Hardware Scan completes, view the log, and/or click on the tiny 3.5" diskette icon in the upper right to save the log to a file.

If the drive is just starting to report errors there is a chance that you can have the old drive cloned over to a new HDD or SSD, but I would refrain from using the PC until that can be performed to improve the chances of success.

Best of luck,

Options

2 Posts

01-18-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:Lenovo H30-00 90C2 hardware scan gives error WCP01E000-WH7VPJ

2021-01-22, 15:32 PM

@JDGillis - thanks so much for such a detailed and clear response, really much appreciated!

I took your advice and installed Lenovo Vantage and ran a scan hoping that it would come back with no errors (meaning that the issue was in fact with the old Lenovo scanning software and not the hard disk itself), but unfortunately two errors were found (screenshot attached). 

Final Result Code: W3EZ51HBT3DT-GNFMP6.

You can try to recover your storage devices by clicking on "recover bad sectors".

I ran the Powershell command and that came back as OK, and the machine is still running fine for now, but a bit of googling around seems to imply that once you've got issues with your hard drive like this it's time to get a new hard drive. Was tempted to try the "recover bad sectors" option but again a bit of reading seems to imply that this will wipe the drive, and still may not sort out the issues.

Thanks again, and if you have any additional advice about how to proceed from here of course it would be gratefully received!

Options

4971 Posts

01-01-2012

United States of America

8219 Signins

128888 Page Views

• Views: 128888
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:Lenovo H30-00: hardware scan error WCP01E000-WH7VPJ

2021-01-22, 16:19 PM

If you don't have current backups, I suggest you copy all user data to a large-capacity USB drive.  And use 'ProduKey' to make a record of any product licenses.  Win 8 and 10 keys are also kept in the BIOS. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Thumbs up' button, if solved, the 'Accept as solution'.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms