Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-28-2013

California

3 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo H330 Blue Screen of Death After Boot Optimization in the Middle of Update

2013-03-28, 1:01 AM

I hope someone on here can help as I have a problem I cannot resolve on my own. 

I have a Lenovo H330 that I have been very happy with, until today at least lol. The computer started up as normal and then went into boot optimiztion mode. I didn't have the time to let it continue, so I escaped out of it and went to load Windows 7 as usual. Apparently there was an update which caused the computer to restart. Ever since then, I can't get Windows to load! Blue Screen of Death everytime in the middle of the Windows loading symbol.

I am able to load the repair mode which allows me to reach a command prompt. In other threads, users have mentioned deleting a file 'fbfmon.sys' in the windows/system32/drivers folder, but I don't have that particular file.

Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this issue?   

Options

1244 Posts

11-02-2011

India

1456 Signins

9967 Page Views

• Views: 9967
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo H330 Blue Screen of Death After Boot Optimization in the Middle of Update

2013-04-03, 8:34 AM

Hi

Welcome To Lenovo Community

We are really sorry to hear about the issue you are facing,  

Thank you for posting your query As per the problem description you get blue screen after installing the update

You can try loading system in safe mode & try restoring the system to backdate

You can hide the particular update from update history. This is a pretty easy trick, but the option for hiding updates in the list is itself somewhat hidden and often goes overlooked.

In the list of available updatesright-click any update (KB number) that you don’t want to see again, and choose Hide Update. If you later you just want to see a list of the updates you’ve chosen to hide, on the main Windows Update page, click Restore Hidden Updates.

Also please help by uploading dump files for further analysis %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP 

You may refer this article for more information:

Resolving stop (blue screen) errors in Windows 7

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Do give this a try and let us know  

Hope This Helps

Cheers!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms