Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeneralEagleEye
Paper Tape
Views: 724
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo H50-50 upgrade questions

Hi,

So I've got a lenovo H50-50 with an integrated Intel HD 4400 Graphics card installed.... It doesn't run a lot of higher-end games very well at all...

So I'm curious as to what freedoms I have to upgrade the graphics card to something that can better handle games (as in, what's compaatable?)

I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to computer hardware beyond "graphics card does graphics(etc.)", and that integrated cards aren't really a gread choice for gaming, so if you randombly just blurt out a name of some hardware company model/its stats I might get confused...

Thank you for your time.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 701
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo H50-50 upgrade questions

You can certainly add an upgraded video card, but to upgrade to decent video card, you probably will want to upgrade the power supply unit (PSU) since many cards require a 400watt or better, and the stock PSU is only 280watt. 

There are all types of videos and posts out there on how to perform an upgrade, including the ones below, in which considerations regarding the size/length of the video card, and adapters needed to install a 3rd party power supply are discussed.

UPGRADING MY LENOVO H50 PSU/GPU 500W+GTX750TI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BScjAJ7YuWM

UPGRADING MY LENOVO H50 (GTX750TI+ 500W PSU) BETTER QUALITY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2PU-Uitz0Y

Good Luck,

GeneralEagleEye
Paper Tape
Views: 569
Message 3 of 3

Lenovo H-50-50 Hardware/upgrade clarification.

Hello again, it's been a while. In my last thread ( here ) I asked what I could upgrade my graphics card to, and the person who replied mentioned an upgrade to a GTX 750. I did some (heavily assisted) digging, and I came across the "EVGA GeForce GTX 950 FTW GAMING ACX 2.0"

Would this card still be compatable, and if so, do I need anything (like, pin adapters or a new backplate for my case?) I know already that I need to  obtain a new Power unit, and I wouldn't mind reccomendations for that as well if there is a preference among the community. I think 500W should be enough?

On another note, how will this affect my ability to use two monitors?

Finally, is it possible to upgrade the RAM of the PC as well? It's not a neccesity, but another 4-8 GB would be a nice addition. (also, should I upgrade the processor? I've heard upgrades aren't always the best thing, but 2 cores makes me worried it will bottleneck the system...)

Thank you for your time, and I apologise if I seem quite noobish, I'm not the most knowledgable when it comes to computer hardware.

Mod's Comment: This post was merged with an existing discussion.  Please do not start multiple posts on same issue as this only splinters the discussion. Instead, keep your current discussion updated with any additional information.  Thanks !

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors