cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sv12
Paper Tape
Views: 2,930
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo H50-55: upgraded to GTX 1060 graphics card and Corsair CX650M power supply PSU

Hi everybody!  I have a lenovo h50-55 amd A10 and last night I upgrade it with a corsair CX650M power supply and a EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB  [SC GAMING, single fan, model # 06G-P4-6163-KR]  graphic card!  I bought the power supply 80$ after taxis from Best Buy and my graphic card 280$ after taxis from Amazon.  The truth is that wasn’t sure if all that is going to work together and I mean with my cpu and motherboard and I couldn’t find any information on internet to make sure that card is compatible with my system so that means I literally took a risk to invest to upgrade my pc and that’s the reason I’m writing that post!  The installation was easy and the results excellent!  Everything fit in the case.  The only i was needed is a 24 to 14 pin adapter cable [from Amazon] to connect my motherboard!  Everything works perfect and I suggest to everyone who have this PC and want a good upgrade to do it!  I hope with this post to help whoever have doubts to upgrade this model!  Thanks and good luck!

Mod:  edited Subject line and text to add graphic card model number,  added psu model number, and source for adapter cable

Sv12
Paper Tape
Views: 2,926
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo h50-55 power supply and graphic card upgrade

peterbkor
What's DOS?
Views: 2,864
Message 3 of 7

Hi Sv12!

I see you bought a 24pin to 14 pin adapter to connect your new PSU to your motherboard. I have the same model of Lenovo as you (H50-55/AMD A10) and I also recently purchased a new PSU (20 pin). I need to buy an adapter (I posted a topic about it). Would you please tell me what brand/model/vendor of adapter you purchased? I'm trying to get an idea of what to buy and where to buy it.

Thanks!

Sv12
Paper Tape
Views: 2,854
Message 4 of 7

Hello my friend! I bought that from Amazon! Here is the link! https://www.amazon.com/COMeap-Adapter-Braided-Sleeved-Servers/dp/B01M2BKWIK   I hope that will help you.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,819
Message 5 of 7

Well Done!   Thanks for your detailed post.

If you find your graphics card running hotter than you'd like.  I've found that replacing the replacing the remaining blank PCI slot covers with ventilated PCI slot covers (particularing the one or two right next to the graphics card), will reduce temps more than you would think.  Many gaming cases come with ventilated slot covers. 

Sv12
Paper Tape
Views: 2,813
Message 6 of 7

Cool! I will definitely try it even if my card works under 70 degrees! I’m glad I could help you and thanks a lot for the (air) tip..!

maurizio6
What's DOS?
Views: 1,003
Message 7 of 7

Re: Lenovo H50-55: upgraded to GTX 1060 graphics card and Corsair CX650M power supply PSU

Hi, could you post the link for the corsair? Thanks

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors