cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joey1026
Paper Tape
Views: 2,726
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo IdeaCentre 700-25ISH video card upgrade.

Is it possible? It currently has NVIDIA GeForce GT 730. Its not bad, but it definitely isnt enough for me. I would like to upgrade but I'm worried the powersupply cant handle an upgrade. 

Please help.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,641
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo IdeaCentre 700-25ISH video card upgrade.

I believe that those come with a 400w power supply (PSU), but you should check to be sure.   The 400w PSU would support up to a Nvidia GTX 960 GPU, but beyond that you would probably need to upgrade the PSU to a 600w or better depending what the power requirements are on the GPU(s)  you plan on installing.    

You can install a standard 600w (or better) ATX power supply, but you will need to buy a 24pin to 10pin adapter to connect to the system board, because for some reason Lenovo chose to use use a proprietary 10pin connection in its "Easy-to-Upgrade Powerhouses", instead of the industry standard 24pin connection, which before an adapter was released by a 3rd party, made upgrading its "Easy-to-Upgrade" systems PSU very very difficult.

Good Luck,  

IBM Lenovo PSU Main Power 24-Pin to 10-Pin Adapter Cable (30cm)

http://www.moddiy.com/products/IBM-Lenovo-PSU-Main-Power-24%252dPin-to-10%252dPin-Adapter-Cable-%283...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors