cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ixomunai
Paper Tape
Views: 229
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo IdeaCentre 720-18ASU - can't run any other GPU - why?

Hello,

I had RX 480 from beggining, but since I didn't use it 4 gaming i passed it as gift to my younger nephew.

I tried to put some GT620, Quadro FX1800 and other weaker card (all of them don't need 6/8 pin power) to just have HDMI/DP and all of them are not working! Smiley Sad Of course those card and ruuning easly on my older lenovo mp92 without problem.

Any ideas why is that? After turning on computer only power led is blinking some morse code.

When I put out memories, pc speaker sound is reminding me to put them back, so mobo 4 sure is functioning.

PLEASE HELP! Smiley Sad

EDIT: I have Ryzen 7 1700 so no integrated gpu. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
sylwiusz
Serial Port
Views: 193
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo IdeaCentre 720-18ASU - can't run any other GPU - why?

None of these cards are UEFI compatible and this is default, modern successor of BIOS in Ideacentre 720-18ASU. Please check card for UEFI compliance before you buy it here:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

Theoritecally you could setup cmos to use legacy BIOS instead of UEFI but I don't recall for now if it is possible in 720-18 and that could pose other problems with your current system installation. So better option would be to find simple but UEFI-compatible card in mentioned database :-)

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 189
Message 3 of 4

GT 730 was a factory option for this system.   Probably lots for resale on Ebay. 

Ixomunai
Paper Tape
Views: 174
Message 4 of 4

Wow. I'm amazed that I didn't know about this before. Smiley Happy Thank you!

Meanwile I bought other RX480 and it's working flawlessly, but than again, i just need to look for something newer. Smiley Happy

Kudos Bro!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors