Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kidztchr7
Paper Tape
Views: 987
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Ideacentre 720 and monitor

Help! No matter what monitor (HDMI or VGA) I connect to this wonderful desktop, I get a 'no signal' reading.

What is going on? Is it because the desktop is a Ryzen and not an Intel?

Please help.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 952
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Ideacentre 720 and monitor

Hi kidztchr7!

Welcome to the Community,

Is this the first time your going to set up an external monitor to your desktop, or it works before and suddenly experiencing issues? Is the external monitor connected to the upper vertical HDMI / VGA port or the below horizontal HDMI / VGA port? You may also share us the machine type model for us to further check the specification.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

kidztchr7
Paper Tape
Views: 932
Message 3 of 6

Hector:
You are a GENIUS! I had the HDMI plugged into the top vertical plug. When I plugged it into the lower horizontal one, it worked perfectly. Not sure I understand why, but THANK YOU so much! Now I can keep and enjoy this wonderful Ryzen 7 desktop!!!
TimAndDawn30
What's DOS?
Views: 172
Message 4 of 6

I've tried every combination to get two monitors to work, except for the display port because I don't have a cable for that.  

I've tried the HDMI on the top, vertical port with a vga cable and neither display is detected.  I've even tried adjusting the display in the BIOS to force it with no luck. 

I've tried the HDMI on the lower, horizontal ports with the VGA, and only the HDMI works. 

Do I have a bad board on the top, vertical ports?

Thanks!

TimAndDawn30
What's DOS?
Views: 167
Message 5 of 6

Nevermind, it was a DVI connection on the lower, horizontal ports, and I just got it to work. Maybe I didn't push the cable in far enough before...
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 159
Message 6 of 6

If there are lower horizontal video ports, they are on a Nvidia or AMD graphics card, which provides higher performance than does the integrated graphics, and therefore the integrated graphics and the upper vertical ports are disabled. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors