Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-02-2013

united kingdom

3 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo K410: graphics card not displaying picture, GTX 760

2013-08-02, 5:35 AM

Hi, 

I recently purchased a k410 and decided to replace the graphics card and also upgrading the PSU to a corsair 500w, when I replaced my GPU with a msi gtx 760 it displays no picture at all on any screen, I tried it in a different computer round my friends house and it worked fine, any ideas or suggestions what to do?

Thank you 

Mod:  edited Subject line to add card model number

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4459 Signins

274727 Page Views

• Views: 274727
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Video card not displaying picture k410

2013-08-02, 22:37 PM
hi Ashley2103,

Welcome to the Forums.

Can you try the solution that ParadiseDecay's have suggested on this thread as other users found it helpful to fix their GPU upgrades issues (ths fix is for the Ideacentre K430 which is similar to the K410).

If you get the same problem, your GPU is probably not supported by the Lenovo K410's motherboard. Kindly check the recommended graphics card that is tested to work on this machine (see page 44-45of the hardware maintenance manual).

graphics card.JPG

Regards,

neokenchi

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

02-12-2019

United States of America

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Video card not displaying picture k410

2019-02-12, 15:52 PM

I finally found a solution for this after weeks of searching, so I thought I'd share here since Google normally lists this site first.  I found the solution under a review of the Lenovo K410 on Amazon!  Here it is:

There is a setting in the computer's BIOS that is preventing it from starting up with the graphics card. What you'll want to do is take out the video card and plug your monitor to either the onboard video or a video card that came with the computer and then boot into the BIOS setup. For Lenovo desktops, press F1 or F12 to enter into the BIOS Setup. Under the tab ""Security"" there will be a ""Secure Boot"" menu where the only option in the menu would be to Enable/Disable Secure Boot. Disable the Secure Boot option and then move over to the ""Startup"" tab. Under the Startup tab, change ""Launch CSM Configuration"" to Enable, keep ""Boot Mode"" as Automatic, and change ""Boot Priority"" to Legacy First. While still under startup, change ""Quick Boot"" to Disable. With those settings changed, Save/Exit out of the BIOS. Once those settings are changed you will be able to save and exit. When the computer starts into Windows shut it down, and install the graphics card normally. The graphics should now be displaying through the video card."

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms