Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrdmanohar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 571
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo K450e HDMI not working?

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to connect the system to my Monitor using HDMI.

I went to the BIOS and selected the IGD from the video devices, pressed F10 ( Save and exit).

Immediately lost power supply to CPU and, the system didn't start.  Called Customer Service and followed the instructions pressed the power button for 10 sec by unplugging the power cord and the system started again normally.

After that I tried to connect my monitor using HDMI and its still not working.

I went to the BIOS again and changed the Video device to Auto and pressed F10 again. Same problem repeated again.

Customer service said that they cannot do any thing as if I open the system to disconnect the expansion card,if any damage happens it voids the warranty as I got the system (new)  yesterday.

Any help to connect to use HDMI by disabling the expansion slot will be really helpful and appreciated.

Also,

why the system is losing the power supply after I do a save in the BIOS?

Here are the specs of my system and currently using DVI ports to connect my monitor:

• 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 Processor (3.60GHz 1600MHz 8MB)
• Windows 8.1 64
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 2GB
• 32.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz
• 2TB 7200 RPM + 8GB SSHD
• DVD Recordable
• Broadcom 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi wireless

Thank you,

Manohar

NYC-Style
Punch Card
Views: 523
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo K450e HDMI not working?

I had the same problem and just returned mine today (tech support suggestion).  I'm guessing you've probably gotten this fixed by now but how about connecting your monitor using the mini HDMI connector on the NVIDIA card.  I read this in another post "after" I've sent mine back.  My understanding is that the on-board graphics port (HDMI/VGA) are disabled since you'll be using the NVIDIA card.   I'm using two monitors and did get one to display using the DVI-I on the NVIDIA card...but tech support said if "not" using the NVIDIA card I should still get a signal using the on-board ports.  I'm interested in seeing how this turns out...I purchased the same machine as you did.  Now I'm waiting for a replacement....

mrdmanohar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 456
Message 3 of 5

Problem stil persists.Lenovo replaced motherboard and Graphics card. Only gain I had is the graphics card selected retains now as previously it was not.

RichardFW
What's DOS?
Views: 445
Message 4 of 5

My unit didn't come with a separate video card. My HDMI on the Intel video output does not work, only the VGA port works. Tried installing an NVIDIA GT220 video card and then the system wouldn't produce any video with the card installed.

mrdmanohar
Fanfold Paper
Views: 213
Message 5 of 5

I am now facing this problem. Did you get any solution for this??

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors