US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Legion Computer Question -Thermal Paste

2020-09-02, 16:24 PM

Dear Lenovo;

Do your computers come with already applied thermal paste? My mother brought one for me from best buy. It is still under warranty, and the cpu spikes instantly in temperature when running some applications, which is very strange because it is a new computer, so it should not be defective. The cpu is an i core 7. I need to know if your pcs come with thermal paste on the cpu or not.

Options

4414 Posts

01-01-2012

US

8060 Signins

122873 Page Views

• Views: 122873
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo Legion Computer Question -Thermal Paste

2020-09-03, 11:53 AM

Yes, they do come with thermal paste.  And while years ago there was a thermal difference between factory and premium paste, it is less so now.  Newer processors (CPU) are very energy efficient at idle (producing little heat), so a quick ramp up in temps, particularly with an i7, which can process 2 threads per physical core versus 1 thread for an i5, is to be expected.  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Thumbs up' button, if solved, the 'Accept as solution'.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete