Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Werocky
Fanfold Paper
Views: 652
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo V520 power supply PSU upgrade

Hello, I recently got a new psu by EVGA for my pc to upgrade gpu, HDD and some more stuff, but I noticed that my motherboard has a 10pin power supply connector. I found some 20/24 pin to 10 pin adapter on internet but I don't know if they're compatible with my pc or not... so to avoid burning it I'm asking if any 20/24 to 10 pin adapter is good or if you can send me some link where to find them (if possible somewhere near italy so it don't get too expencive too)

Thanks in advance and have a great day

Mod:  corrected the system type in the Subject line

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 612
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo V520 psu upgrade

I know that for ThinkCentres, Moddiy.com was first to market with quality 24-pin to 10-pin adapter cables for Lenovo (and 24-pin to 14-pin for older systems), and they are now available through Amazon sellers (but I can't attest to their quality -- research their reviews thoroughly.) 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Werocky
Fanfold Paper
Views: 604
Message 3 of 7

Good afternoon and thanks for the quick response Smiley Very Happy So if I buy one of these adapters I shouldn't run into problems like burning my motherboard or stuff like that right?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 591
Message 4 of 7

I am not aware of any motherboard burning issues, however, I have read about shutdown issues on some IdeaCentre systems (but not ThinkCentre systems), where the power supply does not shut all the way off by clicking on "Shutdown" in Windows.  The power cord has to be pulled.  I don't know how big a problem that is, as most people I know let their system "Sleep" when they are not using it, and do the occasional "Restart" for a software update or such.  Search here for "10-pin", or Google the problem if you wish to read more. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Werocky
Fanfold Paper
Views: 588
Message 5 of 7

Well that's not a big problem for me because my new psu have a switch button on it so that's not a big problem, if no one got any problem with that adapter I'll buy it then, I'll order it and I'll let you know what happens once it will be shipped to me, thank you again for the fast and satisfying answers Smiley Very Happy

I wish you a good day

xChikZ
Paper Tape
Views: 344
Message 6 of 7

Hello, I'm not even sure if I will get a response from you, but did you get the 24 to 10 pin adapter? And if so, which one if you remember and have you had any issues with it? I'm trying to get one so I'm making sure. 

Werocky
Fanfold Paper
Views: 336
Message 7 of 7

Hi, I got the 24 to 10 pin adapter from the link given by biggAl but didn't had the opportunity to test it because I had to leave for university... It has been delivered few days after I left so I got it at home but not installed it for now... I'll be back in the next 4/5 days so If you aren't in hurry and you can wait this days for me to come back to my home I'll install it and I'll let you know how it works and if it gives some issues or not...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors