Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-21-2009

USA

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

Mistakenly deleted Image.dll . . . How do I (re)install?

2009-07-21, 20:37 PM

I just bought a Lenovo 3000 H desktop, with the face-recognition security software. I downloaded an anti-spyware software, and it prompted me to delete "Image.dll." Now, since doing so, the facial recognition software doesn't load. (I get an error telling me that Image.dll is missing.)

Any suggested fixes? The computer otherwise seems to work fine if I ignore the error, but that's not too satisfying.

Thanks. 

Options

2827 Posts

02-23-2008

United States of America

10663 Signins

147393 Page Views

• Views: 147393
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Mistakenly deleted Image.dll . . . How do I (re)install?

2009-07-22, 16:12 PM

Welcome to lenovo user forums

you can select your desktop model from the below given link and download veriface recogition software

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/product.do?brandind=11&familyind=437220&operatingsystemind=49980&template=/productselection/landingpages/downloadsDriversLandingPage.vm&validate=true 

Options

1 Posts

08-01-2009

Minneapolis

4 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Mistakenly deleted Image.dll . . . How do I (re)install?

2009-08-01, 17:58 PM
I ran into this today and found this thread on google while looking for a solution, just wanting to give a heads-up to anyone else who might be doing the same. Reinstalling the veriface software did NOT fix the problem in my case, because the misplaced .dll file was not replaced by the installer. However, after reinstalling the software, I was able to copy the Image.dll file from the Program Files\Lenovo folder and paste it into %systemroot%\system32\, which resolved the issue with the software and the error on startup/shut down.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms