cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DocShloppy
Paper Tape
Views: 3,458
Message 1 of 10

Motherboard was replaced, bios shows invalid machine type and serial number invalid

I've read a few posts so far about how to fix it and what program to use. Well, I've tried the DMIEdit, but it's incompatible. I don't have the money to take it anywhere so I'm not sure what to do. I'm running a H50-55.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,368
Message 2 of 10

Re: Motherboard was replaced, bios shows invalid machine type and serial number invalid

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

I'm not an owner of your model, but there are some BIOS update utilities that also offer the option of updating serial number and model number information on the motherboard.  In checking the available downloads for your H50-55 I see the BIOS update download also includes that flash utility.  I have never did such an update on your model so I would recommend you review the README instructions which can be found here......

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/desktop/irjy60usa.txt

Here is the download location for that BIOS update file and the included flash utility.....

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Desktops-and-all-in-ones/Lenovo-H-Series-desktops/Lenovo-H5...

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

DocShloppy
Paper Tape
Views: 3,359
Message 3 of 10

Re: Motherboard was replaced, bios shows invalid machine type and serial number invalid

I followed the instructions outlined in the read me and after I disabled the Last thing my computer now won't load. Can't even get back in to BIOS to change back what I did. 

DocShloppy
Paper Tape
Views: 3,358
Message 4 of 10

Never mind. It just bipassed my graphics card so my monitor didn't show.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,338
Message 5 of 10

Thanks for posting back.

When you updated the serial and model number information it sounds like the BIOS settings were then defaulted back to their factory set values which bypassed the graphics card.  Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue.

Were you successful in updating the information you wanted?

Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

DocShloppy
Paper Tape
Views: 3,330
Message 6 of 10

I was. Thank you very much for the help. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,311
Message 7 of 10

You are very welcome.  Glad to hear your issue was resolved.

RedHanded
Punch Card
Views: 1,534
Message 8 of 10

Hi!

I've the same problem on a G560.

Replaced motherboard, Invalid information in BIOS

How I watched, two of three USB ports not working and intel management engine interface can't starting in device manager.

My windows is working, but boot procedure is so slow. Machine fan works full speed at all time.

BIOS updated via Win7 from lenovo website.

Can I do something with it at home or I must to take it to a Laptop service?

Thx a lot!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,526
Message 9 of 10

Redhanded, in reviewing the downloads for your model, the BIOS update utility lacks the necessary files in order to use it to update the serial and model number information.  That being the case, you will have to take it into a service center as they have the special software needed to update that information.

The service center would also be able to check over your replacement motherboard if the non-working USB ports, high speed fan and other issues are happening with that replacement.  The replacement could be defective.

RedHanded
Punch Card
Views: 1,475
Message 10 of 10

I will take it to a service soon. Smiley Sad

thx.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors