Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
astuermer
Not applicable
Views: 159
Message 1 of 2

Moving Lenovo H50-50 motherboard to Sharkoon S1000 case?

Hello!

I purchased my Lenovo H50-50 back in 2016, used, but working.

It has been upgraded with 16 GB of RAM, an i7 4790 instead of the i3 4170 and has a GTX 1050Ti OC.

So it happened, that the case is slightly used and I want to exchange it - into a Sharkoon S1000 case.

So far I have found out that most of the connectors on the OEM motherboard are different to the Sharkoon case connectors:

1. the fan PWM connectors are 4 pin on the motherboard instead of 3 pin in the case
  2. the 20-pin USB 3.0 connector is completely missing on the Lenovo board
  3. the HD-Audio and standard USB connectors do have 2 pins more on the Lenovo board
  4. the front panel connector has no details on how to connect HDD Led, Power LED, Power SW and Reset SW connectors

The only thing that can be moved is the power supply, it seems to be standard in dimensions, mounting holes and connectors.

Is it possible somehow to move the Lenovo motherboard to a new case?

Thanks!

spidey101
Not applicable
Views: 103
Message 2 of 2

Re: Moving Lenovo H50-50 motherboard to Sharkoon S1000 case?

Hi astuermer,

Greetings.

It may be possible with more challenges with needed port/cable adapters on the Sharkoon case rather than a more compatible case (with closer pin resemblance). 

Here are images from a shared post and hardware manual (page 28) that can help you on changing chassis.

CFM2A78MPinOutFP.pngH50-50 board locations.PNG  

You may need several adapter cables and considering costing, perhaps cosmetic reconditioning of current chassis maybe a simpler option or choosing a more compatible chassis.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors