Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kryten
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 592
Message 1 of 3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 1GB graphics card not working in H500s

I have got a NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 1GB graphics card for my H500s but I cannot get it to work.

I have been playing with the BIOS settings with no luck.  The card seems simply not to work, the on board graphics however is working fine.

The card is not sending a signal through the VGA port, the monitor shows no signal.

The BIOS is set

Activate Video: Auto

Secure Boot: Disabled

Boot Priority: UEFI first.

CSM: Enabled

I have also downloaded the NVIDIA drivers but the program reports that there is no card.  Also the card does not fit the PCI slot properly, there are pins that don't go in the slot, it seems the PCI slot is too small, is this normal?

Have I missed something or do I have a dodgy card.

Kind regards

Garry

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 550
Message 2 of 3

Re: NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 1GB graphics card not working in H500s

This thread indicates that the GT 620 should work:  Graphics-card-for-the-H500s

Perhaps you don't have it seated all the way.  There is a clip at the end of the x16 graphics slot that must be engaged correctly.  Youtube has videos on how to install a graphics card, should need it. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
kryten
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 542
Message 3 of 3

Re: NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 1GB graphics card not working in H500s

Thanks for your answer.

I have pulled and re-inserted the card several times witk no luck, the clip is engaged correctly, the fan spins but the card dosen't get reconized by windows.

I'm beginning to think that I have a bad card.

Kind regards

Garry

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors