cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonnynonameuk
Blue Screen Again
Views: 258
Message 1 of 4

Need to replace the dvd drive in my H330, what kind of drive should replace it with

My trusty pc runs great but my optical drive is starting to struggle reading and writing,  i gather it's easy enough to replace the drive but cant find anything about the drive online. what kind of drive do i need to replace it, sata etc. thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 229
Message 2 of 4

Re: Need to replace the dvd drive in my H330, what kind of drive should replace it with

The PSREF for it says it's:  Multi-Burner DL DVD±RW SATA 1.5Gb/s Drive

Check that the replacement is the same height, as there's 'Slim' models available.  And if there's a button on the front case cover, that pushes on the actual player eject button, check that they are in the same place.   I'm not saying this one fits, but if it does, it's gotten Newegg's consumer choice award for the past 6 months:  ASUS -- DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 206
Message 3 of 4

Re: Need to replace the dvd drive in my H330, what kind of drive should replace it with

Any standard 5.25" SATA DVD/CD drive will work on that system, such as the one recommended by BiggAl, and the instructions to replace the drive begin on page 24 of the manual linked here.

Cheers,

jonnynonameuk
Blue Screen Again
Views: 202
Message 4 of 4

thank you very much

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors