Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Furrball
Paper Tape
Views: 128
Message 1 of 4

No video on 510A

I have a Thinkcentre 510A.  Currently I get no display at all.  The monitor works on another computer but I get nothing out of the HDMI or SVGA out of this one.  If I unplug a monitor, I get a loss of signal message on the monitor.  The case and CPU fans are running and I can hear the hard drive spinning up.  I'm assuming the onboard GPU is bad and the motherboard will need to be replaced.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 109
Message 2 of 4

Re: No video on 510A

Or you could just install a dedicated GPU in the PCIe x16 slot.         

You don't specify the exact model you have, but do you know the wattage of the power supply in your system?     

It looks like some models came with a 180W and others with a 210W, and the ones with the 210W shipped with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4GB GDDR5 or AMD Radeon RX 560, 4GB GDDR5 GPUs, so those are both options if you have the larger PSU.

Cheers,

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 82
Message 3 of 4

A GT 1030 DDR5 would work with the 180w supply (and 210w for less cost that a 1050.) 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Highlighted
Furrball
Paper Tape
Views: 37
Message 4 of 4

My PSU is 180W.  I have found a new motherboard for $150.  I'm not having much luck finding a video card that either doesn't require a larger PSU or that is inexpensive enough make the GPU option more viable than a new motherboard.  The other thing I have to consider is that it might not be the onboard video that is the problem but the motherboard itself.  Without any video, it's kinda hard to tell.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors