Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jakenaylor
Paper Tape
Views: 1,632
Message 1 of 6

Please Help: Q700 - HDMI TV Problems

Hi there,

I just received my Q700 in the mail, and I am excited to start using it; however, when I connected my Philips HDMI-compatible TV to the Q700 and set it up, I can get an image on the TV... but the image is verry blurred with what can best be described as "digital fuzz" over top what I am supposed to see. It almost seems like the display is scrambled somewhat.

I was just on the phone with Customer Support for a VERY long time... to no avail, so I really hope that someone can help me here. All I got out of Customer support was that apparently "Philips" brand TVs aren't supported by the Q700 - which seems sort of astonishing (if true), as that wipes out an entire brand of compatability.

If anyone from Lenovo - or anyone else with some insight - could please help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. I need to know if this system is going to suit my needs, as it seems that it has the ability to.

Thanks in advance,

- Jake

Andy5000
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,630
Message 2 of 6

Re: Please Help: Q700 - HDMI TV Problems

It sounds possibly like your Q700 is outputting a higher resolution then your TV can handle.  Have you tried hooking your Q700 up to a regular computer monitor via the VGA cable and then setting the output of the Q700 to a lower resolution?  

Highlighted
jakenaylor
Paper Tape
Views: 1,627
Message 3 of 6

Hey there,

Thanks for your fast response. I currently have two "monitors" connected... my computer monitor (via VGA, which works perfect) and my HD TV (via HDMI, which is the one experiencing the problems). I have tried nearly every screen resolution option for the HD TV, and none are working (all give me the same "digital static" problem).

Also, I just noticed that the brand of batteries that came with the Q700 remote control are PHILIPS... seems to contradict the statement that this brand is not supported.

Thoughts?

Andy5000
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,584
Message 4 of 6

Seems like some possibly related information at these links.  You might want to read thru them.  Also, have you tried a different HDMI cable?  I know there are several versions out there.  I am using an HDMI 1.3 cable with my Q700 and Sharp TV and it works fine.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=philips+tv+hdmi+problem&aq=0sx&aqi=g-sx1g-s1g-sx2&oq=philli...

jakenaylor
Paper Tape
Views: 1,573
Message 5 of 6

Alright, after much fiddling, I've now got a clear picture on the Philips at a resolution of 720 x 480... but it's only displaying the top-left quarter of the screen on the TV! Any ideas on how I can see 100% of the screen and not just 25%? It seems that every other resoltuion option I try results in the digital mess.

jakenaylor
Paper Tape
Views: 1,273
Message 6 of 6

Can anyone offer any further help for me? Again, I can get an image on my TV, but it is nowhere near HD quality, and is oinly displaying approx. 25% of what I should be seeing on this second TV "monitor." Thanks in advance, sincerely!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors