Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DEADLYshroom93
What's DOS?
Views: 1,599
Message 1 of 3

Q190 Recovery Partition Not Working

Hi,

When I first got my Q190 I installed Windows 7. When installing it asked for drivers which I installed using the recovery partition already installed on the machine. I now want to re-install Windows 7, but the issue is that the recovery partition doesn't seem to be working and I cannot gain access to it.

Does anybody know of a way to re-enable/re-install the partition?

(You should know that installed at the moment is Linux Ubuntu, which installed fine without the need for extra drivers)

Thank you

- Luke

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,579
Message 2 of 3

Re: Q190 Recovery Partition Not Working

hi DEADLYshroom93,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

If you have a preloaded Windows 7 OS and you didn't create a recovery disc using this method then you will need to check first if the recovery partition is still intact under Ubuntu's Disk Manager.

If the Recovery Partition is still intact, use UltimateBootCD or Hiren's Boot CD to force boot from the recovery partition

If the Recovery Partition is still intact but is corrupted / not bootable, you will need to:

1. Check the unit for the Windows 7 sticker (product key)

2. Download and burn a bootable Windows 7 ISO on this website (if you have a preloaded Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit, you will need to download the same for the unit to be activated via SLIC/SLP - see this guide)

3. Use the product key that you obtained from Step 1 if necessary.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

DEADLYshroom93
What's DOS?
Views: 1,510
Message 3 of 3

Re: Q190 Recovery Partition Not Working

Im afraid this hasnt worked Smiley Sad

i have ran ultimate boot cd and it cant find the partition. i need to re install it i think because its the only way i can find the correct drivers for the system. the ones on the website dont work for this purpose.

i have tried removing the HDD, installing windows and running windows recovery to attempt to boot it, with no luck. 

im running out of ideas... someone must have had the same problem and have a solution. all i need is a download of the recovery partition and how to install it?

Thanks for the help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors