Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fenshutrini
Paper Tape
Views: 323
Message 1 of 6

Q190 not loading

Hi, My q190 isn't loading past the lenovo logo, I've restarted several times, powercycled, removed all cables and cards, still nothing changes

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 305
Message 2 of 6

Re: Q190 not loading

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Have you tried clearing the CMOS?  Sometimes a conflict with the stored information in the CMOS will prevent a successful boot up.  To clear the CMOS just removed the round coin cell battery from the motherboard.  The battery's socket should have a little tab that when pressed will eject the battery.  Do this with the computer unplugged from the wall.  Once the battery is removed press and hold the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.  Then replace the battery, plug the computer into the wall socket and try powering it up to see if the problem is resolved.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

fenshutrini
Paper Tape
Views: 299
Message 3 of 6

I Can't seem to see the CMOS battery anywhere...

IMG_20160701_195442.jpg

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 292
Message 4 of 6

My error, the CMOS battery is not socketed on your model, but plugs into the motherboard as shown circled in red below. Is the battery laying somewhere inside the case?  If the battery got disconnected that would account for the system not booting. .....

q190 MB.jpg

Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

fenshutrini
Paper Tape
Views: 273
Message 5 of 6

I honestly wish that were the case, but I personally opened this unit and saw no such thing either in the case or falling out. This is really weird

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 268
Message 6 of 6

Another strange twist..... page #24 of your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual is showing the location of the RTC battery (also known as the CMOS battery) on the side of the motherboard by the USB ports.  Any chance the battery is hidden under the wifi card?  Here is a link to that manual for your reference....

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/desktop_pub/ideacentre_q190_hmm_en_20121219.pdf

Top Kudoed Authors