Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

02-16-2019

United States of America

25 Signins

274 Page Views

• Views: 274
  • Message 1 of 12

Realtek Audio Drivers Not generating Bass/sounds for Pro Media 2.1 speakers-Klipsch speakers

2019-02-25, 9:06 AM

I have new Ideacentre desktop and the thing I'm most displeased about is the specific Drivers for Realtek Audio isn't what i used to have when I had Win. 7 (as far as the computer Klipsch speakers are) because they do have good Bass and most noteably was known for it. But with this Win. 10 is what I suspect must be the difference, it's just not pumping out the Bass like before and even adjusting the subwoofer bass knob on the speakers doesn't really have any effect as before just by a slight turn on the speakers would thunder!

And the sound manager or audio controller (tuning w/the features where various rock, vocal, etc...) is replaced with the 'Realtek console' and then the Drivers are (R) under the Device Manager. So, apparently, those are the drivers that match up to this system. I've tried uninstalling and finding the other Realtek "high definition" speakers but to no avail and then, of course, upon power up or reboot the same (R) speakers resumed and it doesn't even say Realtek High Def. which is completelyt different. I hate to say it but i wouldn't have gone this route if i knew ahead of time that a new computer would also be a new sounds-change downgrade.

I'm not sure if there's other possibilities and for instance, among the updates that are listed in the downloads for Lenovo's automated area, it shows there's a Bios update but I'm not sure if that's selection that I need for this computer or if it's part of a network that is recommended or in other words, not required or optional.

Any input would be appreciated, if so. Thanks

Thanks for any input.

Answer
Options

275 Posts

02-06-2017

United States of America

280 Signins

5895 Page Views

• Views: 5895

Re: Realtek Audio Drivers Not generating Bass/sounds for Pro Media 2.1 speakers-Klipsch speakers

2019-02-28, 14:04 PM

I myself don't use Checksum but maybe this can of some help, How to Verify MD5, SHA-1, and SHA-256 Checksum in Windows 10 and here info on use of Recovery options in Windows 10.

So to restore Realtek Audio first try just running the exe file and that should replace 6.0.1.8536 with Lenovo's 6.0.1.8560 and get your audio back on track but than if that doesn't do it than go the rout of uninstalling manually and than running Lenovo's 6.0.1.8560 installer package.

Replies(11)
Options

275 Posts

02-06-2017

United States of America

280 Signins

5895 Page Views

• Message 2 of 12

Re: Realtek Audio Drivers Not generating Bass/sounds for Pro Media 2.1 speakers-Klipsch speakers

2019-02-25, 16:29 PM

What model of IdeaCentre desktop have upgraded to Windows 10?

Have you checked to see what the sample rate and bit depth is set at, if not go to Speaker Properties than click the Advanced tab.

Also look to see if Full-range Speakers is checked within Realtek control panel under Advanced tab on left.

Edit: The product you have and upgrade to Win10 is in fact a ThinkPad T430s is this correct?

Options

13 Posts

02-16-2019

United States of America

25 Signins

274 Page Views

• Message 3 of 12

2019-02-26, 4:25 AM
My computer is:            510A-15ICB Desktop (ideacentre)

Model Type:Model:0003US
Operating System Windows 10 64-bit    1809       2018               Build 17763.316

Checking the speaker properties Advanced, where it shows:  24bit, 48000 Hz   studio quality.
                                Also the langugage above the bit rate box says this is the sample rate, bit depth in 'shared' mode   ?
 The box is ticked ~~ to allow applications to take full control  
and the other box for exclusive apps. under it is not ticked but i'm not really sure of exactly why or if those are necessarily any difference or would be clashed or something.

Options

275 Posts

02-06-2017

United States of America

280 Signins

5895 Page Views

• Message 4 of 12

2019-02-26, 17:00 PM

If this Realtek Audio Codec Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Desktop & Workstation 6.0.1.8560 in on the 510A-15ICB Support page than you should have Realtek High Definition Audio and to me I'm thinking what could be wrong is Realtek HD Audio's (not Windows Sound Properties) is not set to Full-range.

Using the Realtek control panel look for Full-range Speakers and just under that you should see Front left and right with a box just to the left of it (click this box and a check will appear) and under that Surround speakers but you won't be able to do anything with it because your using 2.1 setup similar as me as I am using Creative GigaWorks T20 Series II.

Additionally, there should be some form of an audio equalization (EQ) if not found within Realtek's?

For instance on my IdeaCentre 710-25ISH it's in the form of Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio that can be found in Windows Control Panel which I have set with all enhancements turned off and EQ flat because I don't need them but found it set to Music at first when started using this computer and sounded tinny so you should look for that to change it too.

Edit: Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers 6.0.1.8560 to give an idea.

Options

13 Posts

02-16-2019

United States of America

25 Signins

274 Page Views

• Message 5 of 12

2019-02-27, 5:01 AM

My Realtek Driver says under its Details....     6. 0. 1. 8536  and it shows up like this:        Realtek (R) Audio                and there's not really a control panel. There was a Realtek Console before, but i uninstalled the drivers to try to get a hold of other Drivers and attach-back to the more known Sound Controller / Audio Manager...

As this computer isn't 30 days old quite yet, i was thinking about the idea of returning it because of the performance of this whole speakers issue. I mean, this just doesn't sound even close to being right and I'm not trying to say i know everything about this set up. Win. 10 to me is and has been quite intimidating. I try to evade most of the privacy and i wonder if that's making it slow down a little in it's overall operation(?) Best Buy got me included in the Geek Squad and that membership is quite expensive. But i don't know if they know about the Drivers and accordingly, this seems to be it--this (R) realtek audio drivers that has been on the mild side of playing sounds.

And i only have the automation of Lenovo to update any updates etc...and so it's all by that that i guess if this is the Driver for this system, then i don't think i want to keep this computer. You know it.

Your question of full range speakers and having the Dolby equalizer sounds better than the so called Console because it just didn't jam like the other sound control manager. I feel like i am NOT getting out of this what i am PAYing for. And as far as enhancements go, i never really had that option to whistle or lose it-no, i mean, turn it off or on. You know what else, there's certainly not a whole internet full of forums or discussion on this kind of win. 10 sounds.

Options

275 Posts

02-06-2017

United States of America

280 Signins

5895 Page Views

• Message 6 of 12

2019-02-27, 13:21 PM

I know what you are going through in the sound department and I went through a similar scenario the first few days moving to to this 710-25ISH.

You going to need to reinstall Realtek Audio Driver - 6.0.1.8560 or use a Windows Restore point if you have one to get back to the beginning and than you can setup your audio so it sounds just right as I explained above and will still be here to guide you if needed.

The Realtek Audio Driver that was installed is somewhat tailored or picked specifically for the hardware.

Options

13 Posts

02-16-2019

United States of America

25 Signins

274 Page Views

• Message 7 of 12

2019-02-28, 5:09 AM
Yes, i should concentrate more on getting the sound worked out as the objective and less of returning the computer because as I understand in the version of windows that i seem to have the 1809 (2018) there was seemingly a lot of grief with alot of users over that update period and maybe that's why some of my difficulty's at so, at any rate, thanks a lot for helping me in this way i do appreciate it!
Off the main subject, do you know how to run a checksum when downloading from the Lenovo site(?)????
I'm not sure about a check point, i know in windows 7 the rolling back to previous setting was something i used a few times (to earlier time before previous updates, or whatever....) but when reading the 'read me' part of the download of the Driver that you link to (Thanks) it shows manually how to install the download (drivers). ...
Answer
Options

275 Posts

02-06-2017

United States of America

280 Signins

5895 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2019-02-28, 14:04 PM

I myself don't use Checksum but maybe this can of some help, How to Verify MD5, SHA-1, and SHA-256 Checksum in Windows 10 and here info on use of Recovery options in Windows 10.

So to restore Realtek Audio first try just running the exe file and that should replace 6.0.1.8536 with Lenovo's 6.0.1.8560 and get your audio back on track but than if that doesn't do it than go the rout of uninstalling manually and than running Lenovo's 6.0.1.8560 installer package.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

13 Posts

02-16-2019

United States of America

25 Signins

274 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2019-03-02, 4:38 AM
EyeDeeNo
Now wknd. i have more time to work on the Realtek. I'll follow your yesterday's restore to replace the driver hopefully w/appropriate one! I'll post again tomorrow (Sat.)
Options

13 Posts

02-16-2019

United States of America

25 Signins

274 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2019-03-02, 6:28 AM

Hey I got it the driver 8560!   It (so far) is MUCH BETTER!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)