Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

04-30-2008

France

6 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 1 of 3

Rescue & Recovery is asking a password I do NOT know

2008-04-30, 22:13 PM
Disaster Recovery, the famous program created by Lenovo to create disaster on your computer, completly stopped the computer as it was cumulating hidden files since ever and never telling.

So, struggling with the message "Missing operating system" and other oddies, I came to the conclusion (agreed with support) that I needed the backup recovery from CD (60 bucks!) and once I received it started immediate actions to solve the problem by installing the Rescue and Recovery stuff.

It starts checking lots of things and after a while it will ask me a password that I should know, but I don't.
After 3 retries it becomes locked and I have to restart the whole process again.

Good news: the opearting system is still living below. The bad news is that I cannot make any progress at all and I'm still stuck at that point.
Do not ask me what coul be the password for that thing, maybe I never used it.

Is there at least one number to call and obtain an alternate password and progress? Thanks
Options

134 Posts

12-23-2007

San Francisco,California

463 Signins

4498 Page Views

• Views: 4498
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Rescue & Recovery is asking a password I do NOT know

2008-05-01, 4:16 AM
Hey Manou,

do you have the K100? if so try the LVT button on the Keyboard when bios screen starts, It will get you into the recovery mode and you should be able to reinstall factory fresh. Lenovo has some nerve charging us for software that we bought with the computer...  read my other post to possibly find a way to access the hidden partition and recover what is rightfully yours...
Lenovo 3000K100 Intel Core2 Quad Vista Home Premium BFG 8800GT-OC 512MB PCIe 500GB SATA HD 4GB PC-5300 DDR2 DVD +/- RW DL x2 SATA Creative X-FI Pro + Mods
Options

7 Posts

04-30-2008

France

6 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Rescue & Recovery is asking a password I do NOT know

2008-05-01, 6:52 AM
Thanks for your help on that nightmare!

I will try your recommendations, even if it looks too easy. Will this be another hidden "performance" of Lenovo. Fed-up with a computer that is locked on purpose, just to make you pay services behind, never requested by the way.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms