Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rendy68
Fanfold Paper
Views: 890
Message 1 of 5

Restore - Recovery partition factory layout on 2TB Lenovo K430 disk issue

Hi there!

I Have an K430 desktop Lenovo with 2TB disc. When I bought it there was only one partition C: in entire disc + hidden 20GB recovery partition.
I split the 1,95TB partition in two (1,75TB = DATA and the rest= C: SYSTEM)
Now I have 7 partitions (PBR_DRV, SYSTEM_DRV, LRS_ESP, WINRE_DRV...) The OKR do not let me to clean ALL partitions to factory settings, but only C: SYSTEM partition. The others (mentioned before) are still there.
Can anybody help me how to clean all disc to the factory settings, including all disc? I would like to see only ONE entire disc partition C: + hidden recovery, like when I bought the PC...

Now I saw that you had already covered the topic. Can you help me please? It is urgent only for one reason; are several days that I'm looking for the solution, because my PC is in standby for new instalation and I have a lot of work to do with it. I would like to avoid to reinstall again all software that I work with, before I solve the partition's issue.

If you can, please contact me direcly (I've posted on Lenovo Facebook page too (martanrene is my FB ID)

Thanks in advance!

Rene'

rendy68
Fanfold Paper
Views: 885
Message 2 of 5

Re: Restore - Recovery partition factory layout on 2TB Lenovo K430 disk issue

Hi

Thanks for your reply! I promiss that the next time I will post on forum my future issues....sorry for to contact you direcly...

I ment only one partition in disk management. When I bought the PC, there was only one partition (C: )in Win Explorer and in DIsk management there was the (C: )partition plsu an hidden 20GB recovery partition. The rest was clean.

I have partitioned with MiniToolPartitionMagic Free. Infact only after the partitioning, where I've created the D: DATA partition (1,7TB) there appeared 7 the little partitions:

PBR_DRV

SYSTEM_DRV

WINRE_DRV....

ecc.

Now that I would to do, is to restore entire PC and disk to factory settings. I mean to "clean" with/without OKR utility all disk to initial partition tab = 2TB (C: )

I will try to explain you what I've did.

I tried to make an USB 16GB FLASH disk with windows 8 utility and while I was creating I've turned on the "copy the hidden recovery partition from PC disk" too.

When was ready I restarted PC with the USB disk and followed this instrucions:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht076024

Then (yesterday evening) I started to clean all units on my PC (not only C: System) from the USB utility. Infact, it was the first time that entire proccess was extremely slow. AFter two hours was at 12%....

Ok, this morning when I started the PC, there was to accept the same "Microsoft Licence, Language, Name, ecc...), but for the first time I  could review the "welcome" page of Windows 8 Metro UI with animations, that I've seen only the first time after I bought Lenovo K430. The last two factory restoring that I've made 4/5 month ago, after restart of my PC there was only to accept Microsoft Licence, and language settings....no welcome page was there.

This morning when I saw the welcom page, I was glade to see, that maybe I did it!...but unfortunately the D: DATA partition and the other (PBR_DRV, SYSTEM_DRV, ecc) was still there on disk management.

Before this recovery attempt, I did another step; with cmd.exe I SET all partition ID, following these YOUR instructions;

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P​-series/Rescue-DVD-and-Lenovo-Partitioning/td-p/1...

At the end I really don't know how can I restore the PC to the initial factory layout of the disk.

Can you help me in some way?

Thanks for the patience ;-)

Rene'

Guru
Views: 883
Message 3 of 5

goto Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools\computer management then click on disk management

this lists all the hdd partitions on your pc, if you dont know what your doing you could make your system not work

right clicking the hdd you want to delete then this space should show up as a black space at the end, once you have done this for all the other hdd partitions, you should be able to right click the c drive and extend the partition to use up all the free space.
on the odd occasion i have not been able to merge the free space with the c drive so i have had to leave it as another partition.

if your not sure take some pictures and ask, let us know how you get on
Thx dave

yoga 2, lenovo b540
3 custom gaming pc systems
rendy68
Fanfold Paper
Views: 872
Message 4 of 5

Thx for you reply Dave, but I don't think that all these partitions (PBR_DRV, SYSTEM_DRV, ecc) are deletable. This is because it's one entire week I'm searching about this issue and I found many posts, that saying about the importance of these partition for the system integrity. If were so simply, just to delete these partitions and then extend the primary system C: to all disk....well, I think I really lost one week of my life for nothing :-)!

What I mean is that those partitions are "exploded" from to be hidden, or I don't know, after my first resizing after the first turn on my new PC with Mini Tool Partition Magic Free software.

Infact, the F11 key does not work too, right after my resizing of the initial C: partition.

Now I really don't know what to do, because I don't wanna loose other time for install all my software and transfering all my data from external disks into the Lenovo, for then return in future to export again all data and restore all system another time.

Hope to solve here with your and other users like neokenchi help. :-)

Guru
Views: 868
Message 5 of 5

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Edge-S-series/SYSTEM-DRV-partition/td-p/456319
might be helpful seems that those partitions are things to do with the back up software
Thx dave

yoga 2, lenovo b540
3 custom gaming pc systems

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors