11-20-2016 11:11 AM
Hi! I have a Lenovo H50-50 that's having trouble connecting to WiFi. Device Manager tells me my WiFi card is a Realtek RTL8723BE, which is the one that came with this computer.
Things I've tried that didn't help:
- Installing drivers from the official Lenovo website.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, then rebooting.
- Setting the router to run on a different channel.
- Disabling my firewall.
Troubleshooting steps I've taken:
- I loaded Ubuntu from a USB drive and tested my internet connection on that. This is where things get interesting, because the problem wasn't present on Linux, which tells me it's a software-level issue.
- The computer's connection settings are all correct. It's set to get its IP address and DNS server from the router's DHCP server.
This computer doesn't have much installed on it, yet. I've just now started setting it up. Here's a complete list of everything installed:
What can I do to resolve this issue?