11-14-2019

United States of America

17 Signins

166 Page Views

• Views: 166
  • Message 1 of 2

System Update / Check for updates

2021-01-21, 6:59 AM

I have a T540-15ICM Desktop that is 1.5 yrs old. for some reason the System Update / Check for Updates in Lenovo Vantage has stopped responding. I called Support on 01-19-20 and the representative told me it was fine after I told her the symptoms. The symptom that when I get to the Check for Updates button, it is greyed out and does not respond to clicking the curser pointer on it. Also, I have used this on several occasions since I got the PC, but It is also showing on the Check for Updates page, that there is no installation history. I called again today, but the rep said I'd have to take it in for repair because the WARR is up. I told her it was a software issue so she gave me another number to call. I called and after being on hold for 30 min, I was disconnected. I called back and after a 1 hr hold the rep came on and told me that it sounded like software issue and since warrantee was up I'd have to buy a 1 yr software support subscription for $199.00. I said no thanks. I seem to me that I need to do a clean uninstall then reinstall, but have done that twice to no avail. I ended up downloading what appeared to be the TVSU app, but still won't work. I've combed the forum, but never found anything definitive on what the cause or fix is. I can download updates manually, but Lenovo just dumps them out there and I end up trying to reload update that are already on the PC.

What am I missing here and what can I do to fix this. Running this feature was so handy, that I'd like to fix and keep it working. Any help appreciated! Support has been worthless, and I can't find anything online or in forums for a fix anywhere.

Options

1796 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

199 Signins

9316 Page Views

• Views: 9316
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:System Update / Check for updates

2021-01-21, 10:54 AM

Hi tjTim,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I can only seem to find

• Ideacentre T540-15AMA G (MT: 90LW)
  • Ideacentre T540-15ICK G (MT: 90L5)
  • Ideacentre T540-15ICB G (MT: 90L1)

Do you have a machine type for your device ? (4 symbols like the ones above) 

Here's what you can try:

Step 1. Uninstall Lenovo Vantage Service & Lenovo Vantage from Apps. 
1. Press Windows Icon + X.
2. Open Device Manager. Find --> System devices --> System Interface Foundation V2 Device. Right-click and select "Uninstall Device".
3. Reinstall Lenovo Vantage from the Windows store.
4. Launch Lenovo Vantage. The service will be installed automatically.
5.  If it does not install automatically , you can download Lenovo System Interface Foundation from here and install it manually.

Step 2. Support Page
You can find the newest Lenovo Vantage and Vantage features (if available for the device) on the Support Page for your device.
Just plot in the serial number for your device and hit enter, might have to hit it twice. Then head to Drivers & Software then Software & Utilities. 

If this does not work. Download Lenovo Vantage from the Windows Store here 
or try the Enterprise version found here 

Make sure you install the Lenovo Vantage Services and other driver packs from the Software & Utilities section on the Support Page.

You can also download all necessary drivers manually by clicking the Manual Update section under Drivers & Software. 

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms