Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amplitude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 896
Message 1 of 4

Thank you Lenovo | Open Letter to Lenovo Users & Tech Support

A few weeks ago I saw the Lenovo K430 on NewEgg while shopping for a new Desktop. I was amazed by the K430’s features and great looks. However, after doing some research I became very baffled about the Power Turbo Switch and the many horror stories about upgrading the graphics card.

I called Lenovo Technical Support to talk about possibilities and get advice about the graphics card, a woman answered the phone and informed me she had no idea or information about graphics card; but she recommended I speak to Sales. I was transferred to sales and they too informed me that they knew nothing about the computer or graphics card.

I decided to call B&H Photo, the name sounds deceiving but they really are the best with support. The Technical Support told me if I really wanted a great computer I should think about building my own.

So today, I embarked on the journey to build my own computer and I want to say thank you to Lenovo. If it wasn’t for Lenovo's extremely bad Tech Support and Sales I would not have built my own computer.

Lenovo you are so terrible and clueless, you have inspired me, you have driven me by showing me your lack of knowledge and sense of awareness, the idea that a company has a sales and tech department that knows absolutely nothing about their own product. Thank you Lenovo, you are simply the worse PC maker on the Planet!

Thanks to you; today I have the most powerful computer I could ever imagined. The only Tech Support Leno provides is the word Support on their website.

Here is a little taste of my complete Specification; please enjoy:

1. Motherboard:
    ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
  2. Processor/Chipset:
    Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 2011 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80619i73820
  3. Video Card/Graphics:
    EVGA 03G-P4-3668-KR GeForce GTX 660 Ti FTW+ 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
  4. Power supply/PSU:
    CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready Crossfire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
  5. Processor Fan:
    COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+
  6. RAM:
    Four CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9. 64BG

My new computer is called Endeavor; with the tagline, Inspired by Lenovo.

Thanks again! Goodnight & Good luck!

Your friend AMP.

exscentric
802.11n
Views: 882
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thank you Lenovo | Open Letter to Lenovo Users & Tech Support

Ahhhhhhh, one of the lucky ones that escaped the powerful grip of Lenovo :-) you are sooooo lucky.

TheFishyGamer11
What's DOS?
Views: 212
Message 3 of 4

I, on the other hand, not so lucky. I'm stuck with a K430 Desktop with an i5 and 12 GB DDR3. It runs so slow! Even with the Turbo switch mode. When I open the task manager, my disk usage is ALWAYS at 100%. Not happy.

DaveDro
Blue Screen Again
Views: 197
Message 4 of 4

Welcome to the club... Nobody is able to tell me what other graphic cards the motherboard supports, other than the ones listed in the manual from 5 YEARS AGO...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors