Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jamiehooton24
Paper Tape
Views: 482
Message 1 of 3

Trying to upgrade my graphics card on my h30-00

Hi ive looked throughthis forum and brought a graphics card for my h30-00 but it was too big to fit in my machine does anyone know a grphics card that will go straight into it and be ok seems that the pc is like a laptop style setup and help would be much appreciated. Thanks

jamiehooton24
Paper Tape
Views: 468
Message 2 of 3

Re: Trying to upgrade my graphics card on my h30-00

as in laptop style i mean its like a laptop base unit but a small one thwe port looks the same but the height on the case is lower so a normal pci-e card wont fit

crl450
Token Ring
Views: 452
Message 3 of 3

Re: Trying to upgrade my graphics card on my h30-00

The GeForce GTX 750Ti will physically fit your case, after you change the base plate for the included low profile plate.  I'm running a GTX 750Ti in my H30-50 which has the same case as your H30-00.  Your probem though is going to be having sufficient power to run it.

Depending on the model of H30-xx, Lenovo uses different power supplies (internal or external) and of different capacities. If you have an internal PSU - Lenovo uses 180W or 240W - you will need to ensure it's the 240W model as 180W won't be enough.  If you need to change the internal PSU and want to go away from the Lenovo approved options there are other PSU you can use.  Just make sure it's a SFF PSU (Small Form Factor) as the standard PSU will be too large to fit the case. I would go for at least 300W as the 240W is on the limit and I would check the physical dimensions of the PSU before you buy it.

If you have an external PSU I don't think you'll be able to upgrade as they don't provide sufficient power.  But as I don't have an external PSU I didn't research the upgrade options.

The Lenovo H30 series maintenance manual shows all the Lenovo build options and parts which you might find useful.  Also, you might find my thread has some useful info as well.  

Good luck.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors