Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harley84
Paper Tape
Views: 296
Message 1 of 1

Unable To Connect Dual Monitors - Does Not Detect - Lenovo Y900i

I have just purchased a Lenovo Y900i and I am having an issue with connecting dual monitors on my PC.

My computer has two HDMI ports and one VGA port. However, only one HDMI port actually seems to work and the VGA does not.

I have test both monitors and neither monitor is faulty.

When I connect the monitors to the non-working HDMI port or to the VGA; they seem to sense that they are connected to something, but obviously do not display anything. However, when I go to the display options in System, it does not detect the monitor.

I have also tried going into the NVDIA Control Panel to try to detect the device, but that is not working either.

I have tried changing resolution settings, but to no avail. I have checked BIOS and there seems to be nothing about display or port options that would assist me in activating any particular port.

I have a feeling that the issue has something to do with adaptor settings, but alas I am not tech savvy enough to figure this one out by myself.

Currently both monitors are connected to HDMI ports.

Model: Lenovo Y900i

Operating System: Windows 10

Graphics Card: NVDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Mod's Comment: Please be advised that bumping your post is only allowed after 3 days. Any bumps sooner will be removed as they unfairly move new postings farther down the list.

Top Kudoed Authors