Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics
Options

26 Posts

05-04-2008

Tampa, Florida

42 Signins

300 Page Views

• Views: 300
  • Message 1 of 3

Unknown Hidden Folder

2008-05-05, 23:56 PM
I am trying to do what I can about the small "C" drive.  Every day I am forced to go through the Update Base Backup procedure.  I only have 4 GB left on my "C" drive.

As you all know, Lenovo will not provide any help with this problem that they created.  All they say is put what you can on the "D" drive.

I have been doing that, and noticed that even if I load programs on the "D" drive, the memory on the "C" drive decreases.

I was looking for hidden files so I could figure out where all the memory usage went and discovered that I had 10GB less than the total of the folfers and files I saw on "C" drive.  A member of this forum mentioned that the lost memory was probably in hidden files.

I foung a hidden folder named PROGRAM DATA that containes 3GB of data that appears to be duplicates of programs I loaded on the "C" and "D" drives.

Does anyone know if these are necessary?  Also, if needed, can be moved to the "D" drive?
Options

2827 Posts

02-23-2008

United States of America

10663 Signins

147393 Page Views

• Views: 147393
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Unknown Hidden Folder

2008-05-06, 1:11 AM
yeah those may be the hidden folders with the backup...did u contact lenovo support on this matter what did the have to say.....?if you feel that your system is being robbed if with precious disk space then you better uninstall resuce and recovery from add or remove programs...you can always download it later from the website ofcourse

Message Edited by samavedam_vijay on 05-06-2008 06:43 AM
Options

26 Posts

05-04-2008

Tampa, Florida

42 Signins

300 Page Views

• Views: 300
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Unknown Hidden Folder

2008-05-06, 1:25 AM
I have not had any luck with Lenovo.

They are very difficult to contact.

They should just answer the questions that have been addressed on this forum.

Many people have the same problem that is obviously created by a mistake they made when they created a small partition on the hard drive.  With just their base programs, the memory is about 9GB, then they want you to "creat a base backup" and without even playing a game your memory is critical.

I cannot understand why someone who monitors this forum does not address the issue and suggest a solution.  It is as if they do not care about their customers.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms