Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clamage45
Paper Tape
Views: 459
Message 1 of 4

Unspecified warning in hardware test

The first hardware check on my new K450e gave a warning in the wireless test, but didn't say what it thought the problem might be:

Wireless

Display name1x1 11b/g/n Wireless LAN PCI Express Half Mini Card Adapter
MAC Address(deleted)
ManufacturerRealtek Semiconductor Corp.
Name{243A0212-E47E-42E7-90FC-0A9E26F340E7}
Product name1x1 11b/g/n Wireless LAN PCI Express Half Mini Card Adapter
Diagnostics
Radio enabled testPassed
Network scan testPassed
Signal strength testPassed
Local connection testWarning

Result code: WWF00F000-JK8Y0F

And tha's all. What is it warning me about? What action should I take?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 444
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unspecified warning in hardware test

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

I'm really not finding anything useful in regards to the results code you've listed.  I'm wondering though if the failed Local Connection Test isn't related to a wired ethernet connection and the diagnostics are just reporting the results of all the network connections.  If your K450e is close to your router I would try connecting it with an ethernet cable and then re-run the hardware check. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

clamage45
Paper Tape
Views: 438
Message 3 of 4

Unfortunately, the router is in a different part of the house. But would a warning about the unused wired connection reallly be shown in the wireless section of the report?

Anyhow, when searching the forum for an answer, I found other questions about warnings with no specifics. It would be nice for Lenovo to fix the test tool so that it actually tells you what it thinks might be wrong.  Smiley Frustrated

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 433
Message 4 of 4

"But would a warning about the unused wired connection reallly be shown in the wireless section of the report?"

I was just taking a best guess there since there seems to be no definitive answer available.  My assumption is that the test maybe lumping the wired into the wireless section especially if it there isn't a separate section for the wired.  I am assuming that the wireless is working Ok.

"It would be nice for Lenovo to fix the test tool so that it actually tells you what it thinks might be wrong."

I suspect it isn't a needed fix, but rather information related to error and results codes needs to be relayed down from the engineering level to the consumer level.  A good example is some of the errors found in the Windows Event Logs.  Although Microsoft will offer a search on the specific problem, a lot of times the results are a "not found" screen. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors