Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-15-2018

United States of America

4 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 1 of 2

Upgrading my Lenovo H405 (7723) desktop can this be upgraded with a new cpu?

2018-10-15, 19:12 PM

Its a Lenovo H405 desktop S/N ES07780405 W/ a M3A760M am3 MOBO currently running an athlon II x2 260 dual core. We purchased a used athlon II x4 645 which I know is within spec for the motherboard, but when we pop in the new precessor it doesn't post. The question we now have is whether the cpu is dead or if the Motherboard won't allow for upgrading the cpu. I but back in the old cpu after trying upgrade the machine and it still works fine. I also can't seem to enter a bios at all on this machine (even through advanced startup) so I have no idea if its a bios setting thats causing my issue or a bad part. Please let me know any information you know about this desktop and specifically the motherboard.

Options

222 Posts

08-02-2018

Philippines

155 Signins

855 Page Views

• Views: 855
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Upgrading my Lenovo H405 (7723) desktop can this be upgraded with a new cpu?

2018-10-24, 13:52 PM

Hi there! thanks for posting in our community! 

As per checking, the processor you added should be supported by your desktop current motherboard. We need to verify if that part you purchased was Lenovo OEM part or a retail version. Could you please check the label or packaging if you see the FRU 1007063. If not, then it will not work since it is not an OEM version. Thanks. 

Arjay_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms