Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shawnboy
What's DOS?
Views: 1,224
Message 1 of 4

Upgrading of Graphic Card

I am currently using 3000 H100 Desktop 5311-5AA and would like to upgrade my graphic card. 

I am thinking of replacing ATI X1550 with XFX 9800 GTX+ or 9600 GT

Please advise if it is possible to do it ???

Thank You.

Number9
Paper Tape
Views: 1,186
Message 2 of 4

Re: Upgrading of Graphic Card

I'm not a Lenovo user but have been here in the past on behalf of my sister-in-law. It seems sometimes any responses are few and far between but I'll offer this up.

Your first concern should be whether the system's power supply can handle the card you wish to install. I'm not familiar with the specs on that system but you should be able to find them either in the manual or here online. From the NVIDIA website:

System power supply for the GeForce 9800 GTX+:    Minimum System Power Required is 450  Watt

System power supply for the GeForce 9600 GT: 

(a)  96 Watt card: minimum 400 watt power supply

(b) 59 Watt card: minimum 300 watt power supply

Personally I would prefer to go better than the minimum.

Assuming you have a PCIe 16 slot, are able to disable on-board graphics in the BIOS while enabling PCI graphics AND your PS is up to snuff I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to do the upgrade.

Hope you get it worked out......

crazyman62
Punch Card
Views: 1,150
Message 3 of 4

stock the computer only comes with a 280W power supply,

so you will need to change the power supply, BUT if you do, you will have VIODED your warranty

moparthi_raj
Paper Tape
Views: 976
Message 4 of 4

hello there...even i have the same doubt...i use lenovo 3000 H100 5311-6aq desktop...im frustrated to see that lenovo doesnt support my system anymore(cant find it on the website except for product information)...if u find a solution plz do post here...thx

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors