English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics

V530-15icb m.2 upgrades

2020-01-17, 9:21 AM
https://cdn.cnetcontent.com/2d/d6/2dd631ec-9e45-4de9-8890-e725d7bac36c.pdf I want to install an m.2 NVMe drive into the m.2 slot on my motherboard, I was looking at my machines specs (link above) and want to know if I am able to install a 1tb m.2 NVMe or if 256gb is the max capacity that is compatible I also want to install an m.2 wifi+Bluetooth card. Again I was looking at my specs, which list two specific cards, an Intel and a realtek - are these the only two that are compatible or is there a certain spec card I should be looking for? (I was hoping to get a card with Bluetooth 5.0) Finally, I have a new m.2 sata ssd which I mistakenly bought, so I bought a pcie x4 adapter for it (link below) as well as a USB 3.0 adapter for it (link below) but neither my bios nor Windows will recognise the drive. Windows recognises the USB adapter but in disk management it says no media and explorer 'please insert disk' so I guess it won't recognise the ssd. The pcie x4 adapters led bulbs light up but it isn't recognised at all. Is there something I'm missing or is this m.2 sata ssd completely useless to my system? Rivo Dual M.2 SATA III and M2 to... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CGQKTWD?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share Cevapro Warme Winterhandschuhe... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FCL1YQP?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Solved! See the solution
Options

415 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

139 Signins

6826 Page Views

• Views: 6826
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: V530-15icb m.2 upgrades

2020-01-17, 15:04 PM

Hi 

Welcome to Community Forums!

You can use up to Max of 512 M.2 PCIe NVME SSD on this model as recommended by Lenovo. See photo below as you reference.

To access the list of compatible M.2 SSDs and WLAN Cards for your device, Click here (enter the Serial Number of your Device) followed by the steps below.

Compatible> Commodity Type> Solid State Drives.

CompatibleCommodity Type> Wireless LAN Adapters.

There's really no guarantee that a converter will work and this is the reason why we always recommend the parts that are tested and compatible for every Lenovo model.

If you just purchased you SSD SATA I guess there is still a change to return it or have it replaced, same as with the converters that you purchased.

Hope this help answer your query.

Regards​

Jhay02_Lenovo

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

2020-01-17, 15:20 PM

@Jhay02_Lenovo 

Thanks for your help it clears a lot up, are there any m.2 sata ssd adapters that are available that would be compatible with my system or should I just follow your advice and try to return it? 

Thanks again 

Options

2244 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3308 Signins

40110 Page Views

• Views: 40110
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-01-17, 15:27 PM

Personally I would recommend returning it as using any M.2 SATA adapter either might be compatible, or result in worse performance.  Just my two cents.  

Hope that helps.

Best,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelinesbefore posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save