Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lcarscmd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,838
Message 1 of 6

Video Card Upgrade

I just installed a Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS card to my system (IdeaCentre K210). I also upgraded my power supply to 600 watts to handle the new video card. The video card for the K210 is integrated using shared RAM is the something I need to do to disable the integrated video and recover the shared RAM. Thanx
Message Edited by lcarscmd on 10-14-2008 10:13 PM
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 2,736
Message 2 of 6

Re: Video Card Upgrade

hi

just go to the bios select the agp option and disable the on board video that should help 

girlatplay
Paper Tape
Views: 1,888
Message 3 of 6

I was wondering if I could get a quick run down of the steps for upgrading the video card. 

My son has a K210 with the integrated graphics chip with shared ram.  (Intel GMA 3100)  He's running the Sims3 and it plays well but the video isn't showing the graphics like it does on the commercials for it. (wind doesn't blow through trees, etc.)  I can buy the Nvidia card mentioned above, as well as upgrade the power supply (currently 250 Watts), but where do I go to the "bios" to get back the shared ram?  Any other advice or info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Other info: Idea Centre K210

Windows Vista Home Premium

Intel Celeron Dual Core E1200, 1.6GHz DDR2

320GB SATA II

Retired Guru
Views: 1,864
Message 4 of 6

Press F1 at the Lenovo splash screen upon booting the K210 desktop. You may have to press F1 more than once.

With the arrow keys, navigate to the "Device" tab.

Now go down to "Video Setup" and press Enter.

If not currently set to PEG/PCI, press enter and select this option.

Now go ahead and install the new graphics card. Attach the VGA or DVI cable to the card. Power up the computer and install the appropriate driver.

Note: Upon utilizing a discrete graphics card, the integrated graphics should not access your system memory. Some low-end discrete graphics cards still utilize system memory if needed.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
Azray21
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,667
Message 5 of 6

What kind of power supply are you using i mean the brand?

Retired Guru
Views: 1,657
Message 6 of 6

I have had an Antec Earthwatts EA430 installed for a while. It's working fine with absolutely no problems.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors