Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pigeon_man
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,336
Message 1 of 2

Y700-34ISH - SOLVED Added and removed aftermarket case fan. Now BIOS error

Hi all,

I recently added a case fan to my system (not PWM), decided it was too loud and then removed it. Well now the BIOS throws an error everytime I boot that that fan is not operating. ("You don't say") I've poked all through the bios and can't find how to tell it I know about the fan and not to alert me every time. Thanks for the help.

Mod's Edit: Moved OP's solution to the second post for clarity.

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity. 

Highlighted
pigeon_man
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,296
Message 2 of 2

Re: Added and removed aftermarket case fan. Now BIOS error

Update. I switched one of the OEM case fans to the connection being reported as faulty and it just runs at full blast, and as expected the connection I moved it from becomes the one throwing the error.  How can I just manually configure the fans?

<SOLVED> I did some more googling and found some suggestions to reset the BIOS to default by pressing F9 and the saving the changes. Not a huge deal for me since all I had done in the past was enable virtualization. That seems to have cleared the error code (sorta feels like I'm working on my car now clearing the CEL). Here's some of the technical junk for reference: Model Y700-34ISH, BIOS date 11/10/2015, and error code "0135: AUX1 Fan 1 failure"

Mod's Edit: Added solution from original post for clarity.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors