Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sflora
Paper Tape
Views: 336
Message 1 of 2

Y900-34ISZ Desktop loud Graphics card buzzing

As the title says I have a Y900-34ISZ Desktop and the grapihics card tinds to make a VERY loud buzzing sound when playing games. At first it wasn't a big problem but it seems to be getting worse, it to the point that i can't even stand to play anything because the buzzing is so loud. i've already tried contetacting support but all i got out of that was a dent in my case. Anyone have any Ideas on how to fix this. I've already checked the fans and cleaned out the case as well as updating all drivers but nothing has worked.

Mod's Edit: Edited Subject line to a more family friendly description of issue.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 307
Message 2 of 2

Re: Y900-34ISZ Desktop loud Graphics card buzzing

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Have you checked to see if the card is loose?  If it isn't then a graphics card shouldn't be making this kind of noise which means it needs to be replaced.  I would recommend you contact Lenovo Support for warranty assistance.  I would see if Lenovo can send you a replacement card instead of sending the whole system in.  You can then send back the noisy one to Lenovo.

Lenovo Support - USA
1-877-453-6686
24 hours a day 7 days / week

An alternative is check with your local Best Buy store to see if they are an authorized service center. You could then walk it in for the replacement.

Here is a link to your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual.  It will explain how to replace the graphics card if needed.....

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/desktop_pub/ic_y700-900_hmm_20151006.pdf

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors