Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
as-computers
Paper Tape
Views: 2,025
Message 1 of 6

h505 factory Recovery - recovery failed

Hi all,

have a query regarding a clients Essential H505s desktop.

The client passed me the desktop onto which was a virus which wiped the boot sector.  after numerous attempts to recovery using the very poor windows 8 recovery console and the even worse one touch recovery.  I asked the client for the recovery disks which he informed me that they were never created.

I contacted lenovo recovery https://www.lenovorecovery.com/Extranet/Home.aspx who kindly charged me 31euros and sent out 6 recovery disks in which i set out to install windows 8.

4 attempts later and a error message which states, "factory recovery - recovery failed" on the final stages of the install leaves me feeling A) very annoyed B) shocked and confused.

the lenovo recovery are only contactable by email which is even more frustrating and the client is getting to a point of asking me to throw this item in the bin.  This does not look good lenovo, I have pointed clients in your direction for the past 12months by passing Toshiba but now? after this?

has anyone else had any experience with this? 

can we take the item back to PC world and ask for a refund?

will lenovo offer to send out a replacement PC?

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 2,021
Message 2 of 6

Re: h505 factory Recovery - recovery failed

Hi as-computers, welcome to the forum,

sorry to read about your experience.  I would like to suggest that you contact support at your first opportunity; the fact that you are having difficulty recovering a system using original recovery discs does suggest that there is a problem somewhere. I'm sure they will be able to offer other assistance / ideas.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

as-computers
Paper Tape
Views: 2,014
Message 3 of 6

changed hard drive and success.

shocker.  brand new desktop with faulty WD hard drive.

not experienced that before.

anyone know how to RMA a hard drive back to Lenovo on a new computer only 3 months old?

regards

andrew

as-computers
Paper Tape
Views: 2,013
Message 4 of 6

cheers andy p. i will give them a call.
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 2,008
Message 5 of 6

it seems our posts crossed. Smiley Happy

Glad to know you found the source of the problem, and yes please do call service.  I'm not that savvy with the Essential systems but it may be the case that the hard drive is a CRU, (Customer Replaceable Unit), and they just send you a new one and ask you to return the old one - dunno 100%

Please let us know how you get on.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Poorproduct
What's DOS?
Views: 1,170
Message 6 of 6

almost same problem, rx'ed error code 0xc0000034, cusstomer support also sent me $65.00 of 6 disks.  H505s/windows 8 will not read disk.  shows same error code. How do I get a new hhd with out  paying for additional customer support?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors