Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

07-17-2013

glasgow

2 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 1 of 3

ideacentre K430 slow at booting up

2013-07-18, 0:05 AM

only got my K430 in February and  is used mostly for animating, modelling and some gaming and until now had a really fast boot up time ! though now it takes a lot longer to boot up and iv noticed a few times it hasn't booted up at all! when it does boot up everything runs as normal and  at the high speed that's expected ,everything is updated and maintained yet no problems have been found and I have also reduced the number of programs that start up when the computer is booting up!

the processor has  a grade of 8

the ram has a grade of 8

the graphics has 6.8

the gaming graphics has 6.8

and the primary hard disk has 5.9

my base score is 5.9

I am honestly stumped and do not have a clue !!!! any help or suggestions would be greatly apreciatted

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4461 Signins

274737 Page Views

• Views: 274737
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: ideacentre K430 slow at booting up

2013-07-18, 21:33 PM

hi rossclark13693,

Welcome to the Forums.

If the Ideacentre K430 didn't came with an mSATA SSD as your boot drive, try to:

1. Run Disk Defragmenter to fix fragmented boot files that's slowing down the PC.

2. If the boot time is still slow, you may want to check the disk for consistency.  You can use HD Tune and run an error scan on the drive.

Let me know your findings.

neokenchi

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

07-17-2013

glasgow

2 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: ideacentre K430 slow at booting up

2013-07-24, 14:57 PM
Thanks for the help , iv defragmented it so ill see how it goes so far so good though iv only been on the pc once or twice ! Thanks again its much appreciated :D
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms