11-01-2018

United States of America

12 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 1 of 4

lenovo ideacentre 700-25ish memory upgrade new question 2018

2018-11-27, 10:00 AM

installed crucial 16gb stick or RAM and its all the same specs as the stock 8gb Samsung that it came with except it is 16gb. it works for a while then it crashes. I only have one DIMM slot that works so no need to trouble shoot that part. that is why i got a 16gb stick insteasd of going with 2 or 4 8gb sticks. it reads it properly for a while but then blue screen shut down. I really need more than the 8gb so need this to work somehow. 

Any Lenovo techs have an idea on this?  again, the RAM is not faulty. it is something with the motherboard or at the moment. 

thanks

Options

296 Posts

08-02-2018

Philippines

243 Signins

957 Page Views

• Views: 957
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: lenovo ideacentre 700-25ish memory upgrade new question 2018

2018-11-27, 20:16 PM

Hi genetics3! 

Welcome to the community forums. 

First you may need to isolate the issue if the new RAM is causing the crashing of your computer. To do that, you just need to return the original memory of the computer and observe. 

If there are no problem with the original RAM. Return the 16gb RAM and see if the issue will return. Try the other slots of memory as well. 

If you have another computer to test the 16gb ram will be the best way to see if there are no issues with the stick. 

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

9 Posts

11-01-2018

United States of America

12 Signins

76 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2018-11-28, 22:27 PM

Thanks. Im sorry if i wasn't clear, but I thought I stated that everything you mentioned has been done (but i appreciate your replying to my inquiry).  Only 1 SINGLE DIMM slot is working on my motherboard. so there is no figuring out if certain slots are good. also, I have the original memory reinstalled so computer is working. I have also tried my new 16gb stick in 2 other machines and it works fine. it also works on my for about 20-30 minutes. someone else posted this same issue in 2016 and it was never resolve although others had the same question. 

So my question is this: Why is my 700-25ish crashing after approx 20-30 minutes with the blue screen crash (different errors every **bleep** time). for some reason the bios has very limited user adjustment capabilities. I mean i can't get in to adjust anything with my RAM like my friends can on any their computers( several different brands/models). 

second question is what is a possible upgrade for my motherboard? I would obviously not go with the same motherboard at this point since it is old and overpriced anywhere I looked. The lenovo manuals are not useless, but really are as about as vague as can be before the decision is made to just not publish one. Intructions that are online have questions all over the place because it doesn't tell you much. for example when replacing just about anything you are told to unscrew old part, install new part, insert screws. I mean I get why there are so many people frustrated with them. so if anyone has come across manuals that actually provide information that one can jsut intuit for themselves I would greatly appreciate them passing the info along. 

Thanks so much. 

Options

9 Posts

11-01-2018

United States of America

12 Signins

76 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2018-12-01, 6:08 AM

Is there no one who has figured this out? I've seen this question posted by several people for this computer/motherboard.I guess i am going to just pull the trigger earlier than later and get rid of the" quirky upgradeable, but not really since it uses proprietary connections" type motherboard :<(/ 

However, if someone can tell me why this motherboard is so touchy with the memory I would be ever so thankful. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms